Top 10 Things To Do in Columbus Ohio
There are so many things to do in Columbus Ohio it’s no wonder that in 2009 BusinessWeek named it the best place in the country to raise a family. Named for Christopher Columbus, Columbus is the largest city in the state of Ohio and packed full of a diverse variety of Columbus Ohio attractions suited to every type of traveler. Anyone planning a trip to Columbus will be pleased at the multitude of activity options, from the educational to the adventurous. Here is a list of top ten things to do in Columbus Ohio that can’t be missed:
1. Conduct hands-on experiments, watch yourself age, and catch a movie at the Center of Science and Industry.
2. Explore the height of modern architecture, do some shopping, and eat at some of the best Columbus Ohio restaurants when you spend a day walking through Easton Town Center.
3. Tour the botanical garden and picnic in the park at the Franklin Park Conservatory.
4. Take a walk back through time and explore the historically restored German Village. Shop at antiques stores, eat authentic German settler food, and tour charming historic architecture.
5. Take the kids to the Ohio State Fairgrounds and enjoy what is well-known to be one of the best state fairs in America.
6. For sports fans, one of the best things to do in Columbus Ohio is to catch a Columbus Blue Jackets ice hockey match at the Nationwide Arena.
7. Spend a day off the beaten path and explore the many Ohio caverns just outside of Columbus, featuring a fascinating array of colorful stalactites and stalagmites.
8. Take in a Broadway show at the historic Ohio Theater.
9. Say hi to everything from elephants to polar bears at the Columbus Ohio Zoo and Aquarium.
10. Get a fascinating history lesson at the Ohio Historical Center, an educational museum-like experience chronicling Ohio’s history from the ice age to now.
There are so many things to do in Columbus Ohio that visitors to this gem of the Midwest will not soon forget their stay. Remember that Columbus offers accommodations to suit every taste, so book a room at the Drury Inn Columbus Ohio or at a quaint bed and breakfast and have a time to remember!