Top 10 Things To Do In Cologne
Germany is a country that is alive with history and culture. This is a wonderful place to go with the entire family. There are many fun things to do in Cologne, Germany. Whether you are looking for a romantic place to visit or something to do with the children, you will find many things to do in Cologne for the whole family. Here, we have compiled a list of the top ten things to do in Cologne, Germany.
1. Kolumba – This magnificent museum was founded in 1853 and is housed in a modern building that is still full of wonderful German history.
2. Wallraf – Richartz Museum – This is home to many beautiful exhibitions of Leonardo, Rafael and the Technology of Medieval Cologne Paining in Context.
3. Karneval – This is like Mardi Gras in Germany. This festival gives the usually straight-laced Germans a chance to let their hair down. This is one of the Cologne, Germany attractions that should not be missed if you cannot help it.
4. Phantasialand – This is a wonderful theme park to enjoy a day with the children. Visitors can enjoy the abundance of amusement rides, dinner shows, restaurants and even Cologne accommodation that rivals those of Disney.
5. Cologne Zoo – This is home to over 10,000 animals including okapis, lemurs, alpacas, elephants and leopards. This is one of the best things to do in Cologne if you have children.
6. Kolner Dom (Cologne Cathedral) – Thought to have been constructed around the 4th century, this is where many German treasures were stored. In 2000 many of these treasures were put on display for the public.
7. Cologne Chocolate Museum – Visitors will enjoy the over 3000 years of chocolate history.
8. Bayenturm – Located in an old part of town, this offers many beautiful views of the Rhine River. While there has recently been a lot of modernization in this area, visitors can still soak up the history that surrounds it.
9. Rhine River Cruises – This is one of the things to do in Cologne that cannot be missed. Guests will have a chance to visit the medieval town of Zons as well as the neighboring city of Dusseldorf. Many of these cruises are located conveniently to cheap hotels in Cologne making it easy to participate.
10. Kolner Seilbahn (Rhine Cable Cars) – This is a magnificent way to see Cologne. While riding high above the city guests will leave from Rhinepark and ride over the city and back.
It is clear that there is no shortage of fun and exciting things to do in Cologne, Germany.