Top 10 Things To Do in Cincinnati With Kids
Planning a trip this summer with your kids? With so many things to do in Cincinnati, keeping everyone happy will be a breeze. The following is a list of the top 10 things you will want to do with your kids in and around Cincinnati before your vacation comes to an end.
1. There are so many Cincinnati museums but this one is just for kids. The Duke Energy Children’s Museum is located in the Cincinnati Museum Center and offers tons of hands on exhibits. There is also an IMAX theatre in this well set up space that makes it easy for parents to relax as the kids explore.
2. Who doesn’t love a zoo? The Cincinnati Zoo is one of the oldest in the country and has tons of animals to visit; from the reptile house to the aquariums and from the big game animals to the cutest chimps, this zoo has it all.
3. The Cincinnati Aquarium offers tons of family fun as you walk through a tank filled with sharks; check out the interesting shark rays and watch as the penguins waddle their way around their habitat. Colorful, educational and always fun, this aquarium is actually located just a short drive out of town in Newport, KY.
4. Things to do in Cincinnati include the Riverbend Music Center, where you can take in a show from the top names in music to the Cincinnati Symphony and Pops, depending on when you visit.
5. Coney Island is a kids’ paradise and one of the great things to do in Cincinnati. It is full of water slides, pools, splash pads and water fun on one side and an old-fashioned ride park on the other. Take a picnic and spend the day, or check out just one side of this amusement center, you’ll be glad you did!
6. Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park intertwines sculptures with rolling hills and beautiful gardens. You can walk, drive, or take a golf cart throughout the 265 acres, check out the four distinct areas and have time for a picnic on the pavilion before you head home.
7. Over in Kentucky is the Big Bone Lick State Park where kids will have a ball learning about the dinosaurs that used to roam the area. There are hiking trails, a museum, sculptures and different habitats to check out as well.
8. A different Cincinnati attraction is Loveland Castle, where kid and adults alike can tour a real castle, check out the swords, armour and knights and travel back in time to a bygone era. Gardens and picnic spots complete the family friendly day.
9. Getting back to nature is the name of the game with Bonnybrook Farms, just one of the interesting things to do in Cincinnati. Take a wagon ride, see the cute baby farm animals, check out the playground or run around in big open spaces. Don’t forget to find the tunnel under the hill!
10. Kids will love the Children’s Theatre, as they perform favorite stories that are ideal for all ages. Weekend performances and some weekday ones are available (check their schedule for times) and then sit back and watch the wonder as these stories come to life.
The city is a great place to visit for everyone in the family, and with so many things to do in Cincinnati there isn’t any wonder why. Great hotels and Cincinnati restaurants will only make that vacation one to remember. Enjoy!