Top 10 Things To Do in Christchurch Locals Recommend!
You will never run out of things to do in Christchurch once you land. In fact, the numbers of activities are so numerous, that you can become quite confused unless you have a proper plan. For this reason, it’s best to get some recommendations from the locals.
The things to do in Christchurch range from romantic to adventurous, with a lot of nature mixed in. This is one of the most extraordinary places in the world. You can really learn to appreciate your surroundings.
The top 10 things to do in Christchurch include:
1. New Zealand adventure tours – Try the 4×4 Lord of the Rings Tour, which is completely off road. You can go in small groups of two to as many as eight, which makes this a very intimate setting.
2. Adrenalin Forest – If you have the kids, try this park, complete with different challenging levels. Located directly in the middle of the forest, it tests your agility, balance and gravity.
3. Mudeford Quay – Spend the day catching crabs in the fresh, clean water and once complete, just cook and eat.
4. Hengistbury Head – Hop onto the Mudeford Ferry and in a few moments, you will land on gold-colored beaches with perfect sunsets.
5. Christchurch Harbour Hotel – One of the top hotels in Christchurch that also has an exceptional spa for relaxing and revitalizing.
6. Milford Sound – If you are looking for a quiet place away from the crowds, you will enjoy this area. You can drive there in an hour or so, sit back, and gaze at the sheer beauty it offers.
7. Eagle’s Nest Resort – This is a great place to fit into your New Zealand honeymoon destinations because of the exclusive privacy. Choose a villa for extra intimacy, with Jacuzzi’s and fireplaces.
8. Cathedral Square – This is where the happening groups go for drinks and food. The music here is especially hip and trendy.
9. Oxford Terrace – If you are looking for things to do in Christchurch that involve late hours, the Viaduct is located in this area and is a major dance venue for all ages.
10. Highcliffe Village – A local marketplace where you can purchase local cheeses and vegetables. It is unlike the major shops because of the village-style location.