Top 10 Things To Do in Chattanooga
There are many fun and exciting things to do in Chattanooga, TN that is easy to find something for everyone. Here, we have a list of the top ten things to do in Chattanooga.
1. Chattanooga Aquarium – This is one of the best Chattanooga attractions, especially if you have children. The aquarium is the highest rated in America and offers several different attractions. These include the Cove Forest, Butterfly Garden and the Rivers of the World. In addition there are also many exhibits of marine life such as fish, sharks, penguins and amphibians.
2. Ruby Falls, Chattanooga, TN – Visitors will marvel at the light displays which light up the caves and caverns in accordance with the season or holiday. Many times these may be compared to the Lost Sea Caverns in Sweetwater, TN. Ruby Falls also offers zip line adventures for those brave enough as well as restaurants and a gift shop.
3. Rock City – Located on top of Lookout Mountain, visitors will be awed by the massive rock formations where from the top breathtaking views of 7 states may be seen. There are also meticulously landscaped gardens with over 400 plant species.
4. Blue Moon Cruises – for two and a half hours visitors will enjoy these eco-tours where they will either traverse the Tennessee River Gorge or the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge.
5. Chattanooga Ghost Tours – As with many southern cities, there are a lot of ghost stories. Participate in one of these ghost tours and see if the stories of the spirits are true.
6. Chattanooga Choo-Choo – This is one of the most renowned Chattanooga attractions. Guests will be able to sleep in authentic train cars while enjoying the restaurants, shopping and swimming pool.
7. Chattanooga Zoo – If you have children, this is one of the best things to do in Chattanooga. Visit the red panda’s, jaguars and snow leopards in their replicated natural environments.
8. Creative Discovery Museum – Have fun in this hands on museum where guests can make their own clay sculptures or dig for dinosaur bones. Another great attraction for children.
9. Concerts at Miller Plaza – Enjoy free concerts every Friday night featuring local and regional performers from all genres of music.
10. Lake Winnepesauka – This amusement park is known as “The South’s favorite amusement park”. Visitors will have a ball on the rides, games, miniature golf and the rock concerts that are performed regularly throughout the summer.
With all of these many fun things to do in Chattanooga, there will be no shortage of fun to keep the entire family entertained, making your vacation truly memorable.