Top 10 Things To Do in Charleston SC
Planning a trip to Charleston? You’ll be pleased to find that there is a wide variety of things to do in Charleston SC, sure to please even the pickiest of travelers. Before you book your Charleston SC lodging, you will want to make an itinerary so you can choose accommodations that are convenient to the activities you have planned. To help you get started, here is a list of top ten things to do in Charleston SC:
1. Visit Drayton Hall, the world’s oldest plantation house open to the public, and tour a true southern gem.
2. Take the kids to the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry and watch the little ones play for hours amongst the informative and fully interactive displays.
3. Many Charleston SC vacation packages include entrance to the South Carolina Aquarium, and for good reason. Albino Alligator alley, a shark tank, and a stingray touch-tank are just a few features that make the aquarium fun for the entire family.
4. Visit the Morris Island Lighthouse and take in the panoramic view of Charleston’s beach from the observation deck.
5. Rent a charming suite at one of the historic Charleston hotels such as the Vendue Inn for an old-South themed experience.
6. Spend a day at the eighteenth-century rice plantation Middleton Place explore sixty-five acres of landscaped gardens, a museum, and old plantation stable-yards.
7. Bring your camera and take the two-hour Charleston photo tour. This fully-narrated tour provides an intimate view of Charleston by foot.
8. Picnic on the coast at the Charleston Waterfront Park.
9. Take a ride on the Charleston Water Taxi and take in the beautiful Charleston Harbor scenery.
10. If you’re looking for free things to do in Charleston SC, visit The Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art.
The variety of Charleston SC attractions truly offer something for everybody. So, bring this list of things to do in Charleston SC and plan to stay a while!