Top 10 Things To Do in Cannon Beach Oregon
Cannon Beach is a quaint, little town on Oregon’s coast, which means there are a great number of things to do and see. While most may expect quiet relaxation and a touch of personal reflection, there is much more to this beach town than you might think.
The top 10 things to do in Cannon Beach, Oregon are listed below:
1. Spend the day at Ecola State Park – This is one of the best places to visit in Oregon if you have a large family or want to get together with a few friends for the day. There are endless hiking trails and lots of terrific views. You can walk along Indian Beach or even go kayaking. When you get hungry, just fire up the barbecue grill and enjoy.
2. Take photos at Haystack Rock – While this may not top the list of Oregon landmarks, it is a picturesque place where you can witness an abundant number of wildlife species including marine animals and birds like the Tufted Puffin, Western Gull and the Cormorant.
3. Visit the namesake Cannon Beach – Not only can you have fun in the water, during the warm months, but you can also take advantage of all the marvelous shops. There are restaurants and plenty of art galleries too.
4. See the wonders of Oswald West State Park – Take in the sights like the Arch Cape, Cape Falcon, and Smuggler’s Cove and even see a few Roosevelt Elk, then retire to one of Cannon Beach Oregon hotels less than 10 minutes away.
5. Go exploring at Hug Point State Park – This is one of the best places to see waterfalls and exquisite rock formations. It is more desolate than other places so you can enjoy a day with very few tourists, if that’s your intention.
6. Enjoy a night at Coaster Theater – This Cannon Beach Theater often has wonderful comedies, musicals and plenty of refreshments during intermission. If you love live theater and plays, this will definitely appeal to you.
7. Take a ride to Tillamook Rock Lighthouse – Sailing to Tillamook Rock Lighthouse can be the highlight of your day, especially if the weather is great. It is over 120 years old and is different because of the exposure to the elements.
8. Sample some fresh taffy at Bruce’s Candy Kitchen – This old-fashioned taffy shop has been in business since 1963 and smells of sugar and everything sweet. You can watch them as they create the delicious and tasty taffy and buy some to take home.
9. Purchase fresh fruit and veggies at the Farmer’s Market – One of the reason people select Cannon Beach vacation rentals is because it saves money. The other reason is they get to stock their accommodations with all kinds of fresh, local produce, seafood, meat and cheeses that can only be found on the coast. This farmer’s market also has a lovely flea market.
10. Watch the experts create adult beverages at Cannon Beach Distillery – Spend a couple hours watching the craftsmen change raw ingredients into high quality alcohol. Afterwards, you may understand why some types of alcohol cost so much.