Top 10 Things To Do in Cambodia
The top 10 things to do in Cambodia include a number of outdoor activities. Spending time exploring nature and sampling exotic cuisine are only heightened by the wonderful weather and warm and inviting people. You may never want to leave, once you get there.
The top 10 things to do in Cambodia begin by scheduling a cruise or airplane ride. The choice is up to you, whether you want to sail along the river or spend your days walking and hiking the native terrain and retiring to a sublime hotel room at night.
You can find the top 10 things to do in Cambodia listed below:
1. Participate in one of the Angkor Wat tours – An awe-inspiring area filled with a huge, 12th century temple. The views are remarkable. You can also rent a bike if you prefer to ride around and challenge the jungle paths.
2. Sail on one of the Mekong River cruises – You can choose a one-day tour or a 7-day tour. It’s all up to you. This may be the best way to see the scenery in the areas of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
3. Review hand-carved stone sculptures – Another one of the top things to do in Cambodia includes a trip to Bayon to see a series of massive stone faces, all hand-carved centuries ago.
4. Spend your nights in one of the best Phnom Penh hotels – While in Phnom Penh, you must take a trip to the Royal Palace. This is a definite must see. The entire palace is over 174,000 square meters and has two zones.
5. Book a tour with a Cambodia travel guide – This will help you when you want to see more obscure sights, like Bantaey Srei. Located at the beginning of the Kulen Mountains, this is an area where you can hike and climb to reach the summit and explore this temple. Your guide will provide you with the entire history.
6. See where Tomb Raider was filmed – One of the fun things to do in Cambodia is to visit Ta Prohm and explore the area where this famous movie was filmed. Anyone who knows the name Laura Croft will certainly want to include this area in their day trip plans.
7. Ride on an Elephant – After you have seen your share of temples, take a ride on an elephant to see how the ancient royals felt so many years ago. You can find elephant rides at most of the Angkor temples.
8. Reflect on Cambodia’s history – The Tuoi Sleng Genocide Museum is one of the top places to visit in Cambodia and not just for historians, either. Everyone should remember how far this great country has evolved.
9. Go spot dolphins – One of the best things to do in Cambodia is to sail along the Irrawaddy River and spot the playful dolphins.
10. Taste the freshest seafood – A trip to Kep and Kampot will provide you with crab meat that is fresher than any you have ever tasted. You can actually wait for the catch, purchase and have it cooked right there while you wait.