Top 10 Things To Do in Cairns
1. Enjoy The Beach- One of the most popular things to do in Cairns is relax on the beach, and a favorite place to do this is nearby Mission Beach. There are a number of transport services that frequently make this trip, and the beautiful beach and clean sand are incredible.
2. Go Scuba Diving- Many of the Cairns hotels offer scuba diving excursions, and the waters around Australia offer some of the most vivid and stunning marine life seen anywhere in the world.
3. Explore The Rainforest- Daintree National Park is home to the largest expanse of natural rainforest anywhere on this continent. This is a World Heritage Site, and the oldest rainforest anywhere in the world.
4. Ride The Rapids- If class 5 whitewater rapids are your idea of fun, or this seems like an exciting adventure, you are in luck. This is one of the most popular things to do in Cairns, with three different rivers rated for class 5 rapids conveniently located nearby, and a number of whitewater expedition companies to choose from.
5. Enjoy One Of The Great Barrier Reef Tours- This reef can be explored by snorkeling or diving, and the sights you will see make these tours well worth the cost. These tours are conducted in an environmentally friendly manner, so no damage is done to the reef or occupants.
6. Take A Sky Dive- Sky diving is a top thing to do for visitors to the Cairns area. There are several sky diving companies who can help with this expedition, whether you are a novice or an experienced jumper.
7. Visit A Real Crocodile Farm-One of the most unusual and top things to do in Cairns is to visit an authentic crocodile farm. The Johnston River Croc Farm allows you to see the animals up close, feed kangaroos, get close to dingoes, and even hold a baby crocodile before you leave.
8. Visit The Cairns Esplanade Swimming Lagoon- One of the Great Barrier Reef facts is that swimming in this part of the ocean off of Australia at certain times of the year can be dangerous. This lagoon is a terrific alternative, and draws crowds each day.
9. Take A Unique Bungee Jump- One of the top 10 things to do in Cairns is bungee jumping, with a unique twist. Cairns is home to one of the first commercial bungee platforms, and this is the only one in the world where you can choose from 16 different styles of jump to perform.
10. Enjoy The Nightlife And Party- Cairns is not just famous for Great Barrier Reef diving, it is also known as a place where the party never ends and the nightlife is spectacular. Woolshed is a world famous bar and restaurant that enjoys a large number of visitors each evening.