Top 10 Things To Do in Budapest
1. The Budapest Parliament Building – The Parliament building in Budapest is the largest and most impressive parliament building anywhere else on the European continent. Tours can be arranged when there is no session taking place.
1. Mathias Church Budapest and Church Museum – One of the most interesting things to do in Budapest is a visit to Mathias Church and the Museum. The church dates back more than seven hundred years, and is awe inspiring. The Matthias Church Budapest has the official name of Church of our Lady. The church is located in Budapest’s castle district. Most of the exterior structures of the church were added around late 19th century and was designed in the gothic style. One of the main attractions of Matthias Church Budapest is the tomb of St. Imre (the son of King St. Istvan) who was killed in an unfortunate hunting accident. You will love the history and architecture of this beautiful church.
2. Fisherman’s Bastion – If you look at the Hungary travel information for Fisherman’s Bastion you will notice there is a restaurant, as well as beautiful views and interesting structures. This is one of the top things to do in the city.
3. Central Market Hall – The Central Market Hall is a must among the things to do in Budapest. This hall has a three story market, and is an attraction for locals and visitors alike.
5. Szechenyi Bathhouse – The Szechenyi Bathhouse is a great activity while visiting Budapest. You will find the biggest medicinal bath and spa complex in Europe, with many different services and treatments offered. It is also the first thermal baths on the Pest side of Budapest. It was called the Artesian Bath in 1881. There are a couple things you can do while visiting the Szechenyi Bath House. First you will not want to miss taking a dip in one of their hot springs. These are sure to help you relax and rejuvenate. You will also want to go for a swim in one of the swimming pools.
6. Tour The Danube River By Boat – One of the most popular things to do in Budapest is to take a boat tour on the Danube River. These tours can even include a romantic dinner if you decide on this option.
7. The Budapest Zoo – This zoo offers more than two thousand animals on display, and is a fun filled adventure for all ages to enjoy. No trip to Budapest would be complete without a stop at the zoo.
8. Museum of Ethnography – If culture is your interest, one of the things to do in Budapest is visit the Museum of Ethnography. This museum allows you to look at ancient Hungarian fol customs and artifacts. This museum is the largest of its kind in all of Europe. At the Museum of Ethnography, you will find over 200,000 textiles, ceramics and pieces of furniture. You will also find exhibits of traditional crafts, religious artifacts. There are also many Hungarian International sections that cover anywhere in the world. There are thirteen rooms that display national costumes and tools of farming. You will also find that the Museum of Ethnography Budapest has educational lectures, screenings as well as activities for children.
9. City Park – City Park is an excellent place to visit, and it is close to many Budapest hotels. With more than two hundred acres and numerous activities, this park is a must see for any visitor in Budapest.
10. Margaret Island – Whether you are in Budapest for a honeymoon or a family vacation, you are sure to find many fun things to do in Budapest. You will not want to miss a trip to Margaret Island. This Island stretches between Arpad Bridge and Margaret Bridge in the embrace of the Danube. Margaret Island is one of the favorite things to do in Budapest, for both visitors and the locals. Measuring close to one and a half miles long, the island offers numerous gardens and natural settings. While on Margaret Island, you will have many choices of activities to do. You may enjoy the many romantic walkways, medieval ruins, a small zoo, a musical fountain, a water tower as well as several indoor and outdoor swimming pools. You will enjoy the beautiful rare plants spread throughout the island. You can take a break from your sightseeing at one of the cafes throughout the island.