Top 10 Things To Do in Brussels in One Day
When planning a trip to Brussels, Belgium visitors are bound to find many fun and interesting things to do in Brussels. Tourists may find it difficult to narrow down what they want to do while on their Belgium vacation. Many of the wonderful hotels in Brussels that are located in the center of the city are also in close proximity to many of the things to do in Brussels. Many of these trips will give you a glimpse into the history of this amazing city as well as interesting Antwerp Belgium facts. Below is a list of the top ten things to do in Brussels in one day.
1. Carnival of Binche – Though there are many carnivals throughout the year in Belgium, not many can even compare to the excitement of this carnival. Every February for three days just before lent, the town of Binche which is not far from Brussels puts on their world famous carnival. This amazing carnival finds its roots in the Christian faith and is truly something not to be missed if you are in Belgium in February. If you do happen to miss it, you can go to the Museum of Carnival and Mask and enjoy the many wonderful displays.
2. Quartier Marolles – This is a flea market located at the Place du jeu de Balle. While staying in Brussels, guests will have many opportunities to visit this flea market as it opens every morning.
3. Grand Sablon – This is one of the oldest neighborhoods and is the heart of antique markets. Visitors will be entranced by the wonderful gothic architecture as they enjoy the sights of the Church of Notre Dame du Sablon as well as enjoying the quaint outdoors cafes that surround the markets.
4. Royal Palace – No trip to Europe is complete without a visit to at least one of the amazing palaces. Guests will enjoy the sights of the neo classical palace where the King of Belgium works but does not live. Visitors may also enjoy a stroll through the Brussels Park located just in front of the palace.
5. Art Nouveau Galleries Saint – Hubert – Guests will enjoy this interesting sumptuous as well as old style glass roofed collection of galleries located in the center of town. Guests may also stroll through the luxury shops, cafes and bookstores.
6. Oceade Heizel – This is a great destination for the entire family. This waterpark is complete with subtropical swimming pool as well as eleven waterslides. This waterpark is actually part of a much larger complex called Brupark. While in Brupark, visitors may enjoy many of the several family attractions such as restaurants and movie theatres.
7. Aquarium Public de Bruxelles – The entire family will enjoy strolling through the many exhibits of fish and other sea creatures from all over the world.
8. Autoworld at the Cinuantenaire – if visitors are automobile enthusiasts, they will enjoy visiting Autoworld. Guests may enjoy the many exhibits of cars dating back to the early 1900’s.
9. Walibi – This is one of the most well-known theme parks in Belgium. This amusement park is complete with over fifty rides and the only wooden rollercoaster in Belgium.
10. Musee du Cacao et du Chocolat – This is truly a chocolate lovers paradise! This is the only museum dedicated to chocolate in Brussels. While small, it is a must-see destination. Visitors will learn about the origins, discovery and arrival of cocoa in Europe. Guests will be given a treat of a biscuit dipped in delicious freshly made Belgium chocolate.
No matter which of these things to do in Brussels tourists may choose, they will be sure to have a wonderful time while visiting Brussels, Belgium.