Top 10 Things To Do in Bora Bora
Once you have made the arrangements for your vacation to Bora Bora, you will need to find things to do in Bora Bora. This is an island that is full of excitement, history and culture so there will be no shortage of things to do here. When you are planning your vacation, you will find many Bora Bora vacation packages all-inclusive specials that will help to save money while making sure that you are able to make the most out of your vacation. Here, we have a list of the top ten things to do in Bora Bora.
1. 4×4 Safari Excursions – If you are interested in seeing the history and archaeological sites of Bora Bora, you will love this. You will get to visit the WWII canons that were used and enjoy the panoramic views from the top of the mountains. These are included in many of the Tahiti vacation packages.
2. Parasailing – This is a great experience that everyone should have a chance to try. It actually only takes about 10 – 20 minutes and you will be able to “fly” anywhere from 100 to 600 feet above the water which will give amazing views of the lagoon.
3. Deep-sea Fishing – If you are a fisherman, this is something you won’t want to miss. You will be able to fish for wahoo, barracuda, mahi-mahi and even the occasional marlin.
4. Hiking and Climbing – This is a great way to see the island of Bora Bora. Whether you are new to hiking or well-experienced you will be able to hike up Mountains Pahia and Ote Manu and enjoy the majestic views.
5. Galerie D’art Alain Linda – Visitors of this art gallery will be able to enjoy the best of the Polynesian arts. There are exhibits by respected artists such as Boullaire, Marere and Gote.
6. Lagoon Excursions – There are many guided tours where guests can use sailboats, canoes, and powerboats. Visitors may enjoy snorkeling, fishing and picnics. You will find that many of the Bora Bora honeymoon resorts will offer guides for these excursions.
7. Lagoonarium – Visitors can get right in the water with sea creatures. You can enjoy shark and stingray exhibitions as well as snorkeling.
8. Tattoo – It is believed that the art of tattooing actually originated in Tahiti. It is still an important part of Tahitian culture. If you haven’t had a tattoo in the past, this may be a great place to get your first. While not one of the most typical things to do in Bora Bora, this is something that will stay with you forever.
9. Aguascope – This is similar to an aquarium where visitors can be in while the sharks and other sea creatures can watch them. A different experience from humans watching them!
10. Marae Temples – In addition to the abundance of beaches and watersports that are available to tourists, Bora Bora is steeped in history. One of the best archaeological finds are the Marae Temples. These are thought to be used for special occasions where the Polynesian people would bring gifts for the gods.
Whether you participate in all these things to do in Bora Bora or just try a couple, this is sure to be a vacation you will never forget.