Top 10 Things To Do in Bodrum
Finding things to do in Bodrum during your vacation is very easy since this is an extremely popular resort. Located in Turkey, on the western part of the coast, this area has a number of attractions to appeal to all levels of adventure lovers.
The top 10 things to do in Bodrum are:
1. Bodrum Castle – This immense castle is an important part of the Templar organization. It overlooks the Aegean Sea and has a wonderful view that the ancients would use to watch as their ships entered the harbor.
2. King Halicarnassus’s Mausoleum – One of the most exciting day trips from Istanbul lands you here, at the spot where the king and his wife were buried back in 350 BC. Nearby, the museum documents this site and provides a full history.
3. World of Wonders Bodrum – This is the most beautiful resort, located on Gumbet Bay, filled with activities like windsurfing, water skiing, parasailing and more. They also have a state-of-the-art spa.
4. Enjoy a Turkish bath – Many of the hotels in Bodrum feature traditional Turkish-style baths in their spa areas. This is a one of a kind experience that far surpasses the standard massage.
5. Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archeology – One of the things to do in Bodrum is to find this museum, filled with exhibits and collections dating back to the 1500s. They include local shipwreck artifacts all inside St. Peter’s Castle.
6. Diving – Diving in Bodrum is one of the fun things to do in Bodrum because of their large array of aquatic marine life. The tours run daily and along with a special diving boat, you can explore Bodrum life underwater.
7. Castle of St. Peter – This historic site is so large that you can see it from the air on all flights to Bodrum, which is most convenient. By viewing this castle before you even land, you can mark it on your list of places to visit. The structure was built during the 1500a by St. John’s knights and holds a number of displays to entertain you for hours.
8. Port Bodrum Yalikavak – A wonderful place to take a ride on the wooden yachts and sail along the Aegean Sea on a bright, sunny day. The fishermen will also welcome you as they haul their loads in.
9. Ride a Camel – One of the fun things to do in Bodrum is to walk alongside the marina and find the men offering camel rides. It is an excellent way to see the harbor and take a load of photos as the castle sits behind you, providing the perfect background.
10. Halikarnas Night Club – This night club has been dubbed as one of the best in the world and is one of the most exciting things to do in Bodrum. It is not what you would expect of a standard club. It is wide open and crafted by architectural geniuses. The video screens tower above the crowds and the amphitheatre holds hundreds. At night, they feature a fabulous laser show.