Top 10 Things To Do in Beijing China For First Timers
While planning a vacation to China visitors will find many fun things to do in Beijing, China. It is important for visitors to plan their itinerary so that they don’t miss out on any of the beauty and history of China. Below is a list of the top ten things to do in Beijing, China.
1. The Great Wall of China – This is arguably the most popular and well-known place to visit while staying in China. The Great Wall is approximately 4000 miles long, although information actually varies on the exact length. The Great wall was built over 2000 years ago. It is one of the only man-made structures that are visible from space.
2. The Ming Tombs – There are thirteen Ming Dynasty Emperors buried in the Tombs. These tombs form the most exclusive burial complex of any Chinese dynasty. This site was chosen according the Feng Shui principals.
3. Tiananmen Square – This is one of the most famous places to visit in Beijing. There is a huge open area surrounded on all sides by official buildings. There are speakers on most of the lamp posts so that when officials are speaking, they can be heard by tens of thousands of people. At night the buildings are lit up and present a beautiful sight.
4. The Forbidden City in China – This is one of the most beautiful things to do in Beijing China. This consists of a complex of halls which was the former residence of the Emperors. This is one of today’s most popular attractions by locals and tourists alike.
5. Summer Palace – This attraction was built around a huge lake. The Summer Palace consists of a series of towers, halls and temples. There is also a seventeen arch bridge that leads to a small island. There is a lot of beautiful architecture to behold. This was best known as the ancient summer home of the Emperors.
6. Temple of Heaven – This is one of the most spiritual things to do in Beijing, China. This is a large park and temple complex. There is a large temple that was built entirely of wood and does not consist of any nails. There are also more than one thousand species of trees. The residents of Beijing enjoy coming to this place to practice singing, martial arts and Peking opera.
7. Beijing Zoo – No visit to China is complete without a visit to the Beijing Zoo. The zoo is best known for its amazing Panda exhibit. The zoo also houses many other animals, including tigers. In addition to the many animal exhibits, guests can enjoy the beautiful grounds that include cultivated flower gardens, dense groves of trees as well as small streams and lotus pools.
8. Wang Fujing Street – This is a major pedestrian shopping area. This consists of two major shopping malls on this pedestrian only street. There are also many food stalls and department stores. If visitors are lucky they may be able to enjoy an impromptu night market.
9. 798 Art District – This is the place to visit if tourists enjoy art. The Art District is housed in a complex of decommissioned military factories. Visitors can enjoy cafes as well as art galleries.
10. Houhai Lake – Houhai Lake is surrounded by restaurants, bars and souvenir stores. Visitors may also hire a rickshaw for a tour through the hutongs. Guests can also enjoy the lake at night when it is lit up by beautiful Chinese lanterns.
While visiting China, guests are sure to find many fun and interesting things to do in Beijing, China. Among the tourist attractions visitors will find many Beijing cheap hotels for their stay. Many of these hotels may also offer Beijing tours or they may be able to point you in the right direction.