Top 10 Things To Do In Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico is the “ballooning capital of the world” and the beautiful Southwest town offers many unique experiences for visitors. The best things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico are easily accessible for many visitors with the wide variety of experiences for each guest.
1. Check out what this town is known for, the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. Every October, Albuquerque hosts an international affair of hot air balloons that delights visitors and locals.
2. Spectacular weather keeps this Southwest town sunny almost year round. Visit the Albuquerque Zoo, home to over 200 species of animals. This zoo also offers a petting and feeding zoo so visitors can get up close and personal with the animals.
3. Don’t leave Albuquerque without trying a traditional meal. Find the best chili and carne avocado at Casa de Benavidez which is open daily.
4. Some of the most historic lodging in Albuquerque, New Mexico is at any of the Albuquerque bed and breakfast establishments. There are over 20 to choose from, each with a different theme and price range that will accommodate any travelers’ needs.
5. Cliff’s Amusement Park should be top of your list of things to do in Albuquerque for thrilling family fun. From water rides to roller coasters as well as games galore, this theme park will not disappoint!
6. Historic Old Town Albuquerque is home to more than 300 shops. Visit museums, take a ride on the train, or stroll through this downtown district that has been standing since 1706.
7. Take a gondola ride to the top of Sandia Peak, where in winter you can also master your skill in downhill skiing. Sandia Peak Tramway system has just two support towers and the longest single section in the world. Looking down 900 feet from the gondola will give you chills and awe at the same time.
8. There are multiple artistic things to do in Albuquerque. The New Mexico Symphony Orchestra and the Opera Southwest feature some of the best musicians and singers in the country!
9. Visit the KiMO Theater for multiple concerts or theatrical performances. This downtown institution is a great place to spend a night out on the town.
10. Do not miss the River of Lights, one of the most spectacular winter things to do in Albuquerque. This holiday show offers 3D decorations, lighted decorations, and holiday shows.