Top 10 Things To Do At Yosemite
Yosemite National Park covers a staggering 761,266 acres as it reaches across the western slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The park is visited by almost four million people each year from around the globe. Over 95% of Yosemite is designated wilderness.
Below is a list of the top 10 things to do at Yosemite:
1. Camping – The park is open year round and offers limitless camping spots with a wide variety of amenities. Some spots are free of charge.
2. Hiking – One of the most popular things to do at Yosemite is hiking a portion of the over 800 miles of Yosemite backpacking trails. Trails range from easy to difficult in terms of terrain and length.
3. Sightseeing – Another one of the most popular things to do for people of all ages is enjoying views of the granite cliffs, glaciers, waterfalls, tranquil lakes and serene meadows.
4. Whitewater Rafting – Yosemite white water rafting trips provide thrills for the adventure seeker who’s not afraid to get wet. There are several rivers that have runs for beginners and experienced rafters. One of the most exciting things to do at Yosemite bar none.
5. Snow Skiing – The park is open year round. Snow skiing and snowboarding is available at Badger Pass Ski area.
6. Climbing – Flocks of climbers from all over the world descend upon Yosemite. The crown jewel of climbing is the 3,300 feet high El Capitan. It continues to be one of the most popular things to do at Yosemite.
7. Water Sports – Yosemite has a variety of lakes where people can enjoy jet skiing, parasailing, and wind surfing.
8. Relaxing and Meditation – There are several Yosemite National Park Hotels that range from basic to luxurious. The surrounding beauty of the park provides a great setting to come and relax.
9. Wildlife Viewing – The park is over 95% designated wilderness so you’re sure to see several hundred critters in their natural habitats.
10. Wandering around Giant Sequoias – These massive trees are a sight to behold and continue to be one of the most visited attractions in the park. They are located in southern section of the park.