Top 10 Things To Do Around San Francisco
In addition to the many great things to do in San Francisco visitors will also find plenty of things to do around San Francisco.
Here is a list of the top ten things to do around San Francisco.
1. San Francisco Zoo – This is one of the best things to do with children. They will get to see their favorite animals in replications of their natural habitats. This is one of the best things to do around San Francisco for the entire family.
2. Pacifica – This is a great low-surf beach for swimming, hiking and other activities such as visiting the orchid nursery.
3. Alcatraz Prison –No trip to San Francisco is complete without a trip to this infamous prison which was once home to mobsters such as Al Capone.
4. Point Bonita Lighthouse – Cross over the suspension bridge to get to the lighthouse in Marin Headlands and offering great views of the bay. This is one of the best things to do around San Francisco.
5. Yosemite National Park –This is a great way to spend a day or two or just an afternoon. There is plenty of lodging and camping options in the park as well many things to do in Yosemite such as activities like hiking, backpacking as well as steam train ride and Model T bicycle rentals.
6. Angel Island – Take a picnic lunch and enjoy the views of the bay as well as wildlife such as red-tailed hawks, mule deer and harbor seals.
7. Napa Valley Wineries –If you are a wine connoisseur you will want to check out the great wineries within Napa Valley such as Beringer, Coppola and St. Clement.
8. Go-kart Racer – This is something great for the entire family. This is an indoor go-kart racing track where you will be able to go up to 35 mph around the three tracks as well as enjoy the café, arcade and billiard tables.
9. Burlingame Pez Museum – Visit the displays of the most rare Pez dispensers such as Bugs Bunny, Darth Vader and Elvis Presley.
10. Peninsula Museum of Art – Located in Belmont’s Twin Pines, this museum has a formal gallery, library and the main museum where visitors can enjoy amazing art work.
When you are looking for things to do around San Francisco, there is no shortage of activities and places to see.