Top 10 Things To Do Around Phoenix
Some visitors to Phoenix are surprised to learn that there are actually several Arizona tourist attractions in the city and it’s not just one big boring desert. Browse through this top to things to do around Phoenix list to discover the town’s hot spots.
1. Hot Air Balloon Tour – Fly around Phoenix high above the towering skyscrapers and take in the amazing views. Sunset tours are also offered if you’re looking for romantic things to do in Phoenix, this may be just what you’re looking for.
2. Hiking – Normally not a crowd pleaser, but here it makes the top of the list of things to do around Phoenix. Not only is it a local favorite, but hikers travel across the globe to climb the Arizona mountain ranges throughout the state. Camelback Mountain and Papago Butts have popular trails for beginners and advanced level hikers.
3. Phoenix Art Museum – A vast collection that covers several cultural exhibits and centuries of art, including American, European, Fashion, Modern and Contemporary.
4. Art Walk – If you are looking for things to do around Phoenix, try this great date night activity hosted on the first Friday of each month. Art galleries open their doors and offer the opportunity for people to walk to walk through to view their private collections. Purchase options are also available.
5. Diamondbacks Baseball Game – Are you a fan? Check the schedule before you leave on your trip to ensure that the team is playing a home game. Grab tickets at the box office and cheer the team on to victory.
6. Lake Saquaro – If you are into boating, fishing, and water sports you can take a ride over to the lake and join in all that water fun. One of the more popular things to do in around Phoenix is to float the salt, by which we mean riding an enlarged inner tube down the salt lake.
7. Casino – Bet it all at Casino Arizona. If you find yourself looking for things to do Scottsdale, there are two locations to try your luck.
8. Downtown Phoenix – Revitalized by city leaders and investors, the downtown area is a nice place for lunch or dinner at one of the many cafes that line the streets. Window shopping can be a relaxing pastime while strolling by the retail stores and trendy boutiques.
9. White-water Rafting – No trip to Phoenix would be complete without at least attempting to go ride the rapids. When it comes to things to do in Arizona, this one is a must.
10. Biking – Pull out that mountain bike and hit the trails in Phoenix for an unbelievable experience. The trials are well marked and the views are amazing. Become one with nature.
Phoenix has so much to offer. If you are planning a vacation here, you will not be disappointed and there is always something for every member of the family to do.