Top 10 Switzerland Tourist Attractions
Whether you are planning on climbing the Matterhorn or just taking a relaxing holiday in Switzerland, you need to find the best Switzerland tourist attractions. While Switzerland is probably best known for its skiing, there is so much more to this country than just winter sports. Here, we have a list of the top ten Switzerland tourist attractions.
1. Bern Historical Museum – This is one of the most well-known Bern attractions. This amazing building was built like the 16th century castles. Collections include prehistoric folk art, decorative and applied art as well as ancient military uniforms.
2. Titlis Glacier Park and Cave – One of the most famous Switzerland tourist attractions, visitors will enjoy majestic views as they “fly” over the glacier in an ice flier chair lift. Guests can also visit the heart of the glacier, which is lit up by hundreds of lanterns in a long tunnel for visitors to walk through.
3. Rhine Falls – If tourists choose to take one of the Swiss hiking tours, you will be able to take in the Rhine Falls. These are located in the “knee” of the Rhine River. These beautiful falls flows over about 75 feet of rock formations.
4. Zurich Zoo – This is one of the best Switzerland tourist attractions for children and families. This zoo’s main focus is on wildlife protection. Guests will enjoy exhibits of elephants, tigers and lions and much more.
5. Reitberg Museum – This is a unique museum specializing in arts from Asia, Africa, America as well as Oceana. Some exhibits include, “The Way of the Master” and “Mysticism”.
6. Zurich Toy Museum – If you are an avid toy collector or you have children, this will be one of the must see Switzerland tourist attractions. This is a free exhibition of toys that date from the 18th to the 20th centuries.
7. Asia Spa – While there are many fun things to do in Geneva, it is nice to have a day to just relax and enjoy some pampering. This is a great reason to visit the Asia Spa. Here you will be pampered with massages, body scrubs as well as meditating pools.
8. Jet d’Eau – This is a beautiful water fountain, Geneva’s famous icon, that was originally built as a security value at a hydraulic factory and boasts 8 9000 watt lights that make it glow in the evening.
9. Lucerne’s Old Town – This is located on the northern side of Reuss River. This is the main attraction and center of Lucerne Kapellbrucke (Chapel Bridge).
10. Chillon Castle – This amazing piece of architecture is located between Lake Geneva and the Alps. Visitors will enjoy the over 1000 years of history that was an inspiration to famous writers like Lord Byron and Victor Hugo.
Whether you enjoy all of these Swiss tourist attractions or just one or two, you will have a vacation that you will always remember.