Top 10 Stockholm Attractions
If you are planning a vacation to Stockholm, Sweden, you will be pleased to find that there are many Stockholm attractions with which to fill your itinerary. Here is a list of top ten Stockholm attractions to help you on your way:
1. Have a medieval experience in Stockholm’s birthplace, Gamla Stan. There, you can visit charming taverns and waffle-houses and tour medieval alleyways, ancient churches, and even a Royal palace.
2. Visit Scandinavia’s most widely visited museum: the Vasa museum. Tour the historical warship, which sank in 1628 and was resurrected over three-hundred years later for restoration, and take in the impressive treasure-trove of its over one-hundred artful wooden carved sculptures.
3. Stockholm’s city hall, the Stadshuset, is also its most prominent landmark. A tour of the Stadshuset offers a ten-thousand piped organ, the gold-leafed mosaic Golden Hall, and the Nobel Prize Museum.
4. Traveling with kids? Among the Stockholm attractions for children, Junibacken and Grona Lund are sure to be their favorites.
5. Enjoy dinner and drinks at one of Stockholm’s many restaurants and bars by the sea.
6. An open air museum, Skansen is a mini-replica of Sweden itself, and is one of the few Stockholm attractions that aims to give a full Swedish experience.
7. Stockholm’s music scene is alive and rocking. Take in some live music at a popular nightclub.
8. If you are visiting during the summer, take a ferry ride to the Stockholm Archipelago.
9. Stockholm is home to two art museums with distinctively different offerings. The Museum of Modern Art Stockholm houses a cutting-edge array of modern art by the likes of Picasso and Dali. The National Museum offers a more classical collection dating from the middle ages.
10. Pack a lunch and spend the day on the island of Djurgarden, a park-like setting full of picnic areas and nature trails.
Regardless of your age and interests, there is a wide array of fun things to do in Stockholm to suit everyone’s fancy. These top ten Stockholm attractions are sure to stimulate your senses and provide a vacation experience that you’ll never forget.