Top 10 Sightseeings on Mediterranean Sailing Holidays
Mediterranean sailing holidays are known for their diverse activities, beautiful scenery, rich culture, and great sailing. Here is a list of the top 10 sites to visit while on Mediterranean sailing holidays.
1. Santorini – The Greek island of Santorini is one of the most popular places to stop on Mediterranean sailing holidays. You’ll experience some of the best views on earth as you gaze upon the blue waters, high rock cliffs, and the unbelievable sunsets.
2. Corfu – People who yacht charter the Greek Islands; a popular destination is the town of Corfu. It is known for its unspoiled beaches, rich vegetation, and crystal clear waters from the Adriatic Sea.
3. Naxos – Another place to put on the shortlist when planning your Mediterranean sailing holidays is the Greek island of Naxos. Naxos offers scenic beaches and an active nightlife.
4. Diocletian’s Palace – These ancient ruins are a must see as part of your sailing holidays in Croatia. The Roman Emperor Diocletian’s empire dates back to the early 4th century.
5. Paros – Paros is a Greek Island with several sites to visit such as sugar cube houses, Venetian mansions, and cosmopolitan night spots.
6. Rhodes Islands – Mediterranean sailing holidays just aren’t the same without a stop at the Rhodes Island. It’s famous for its deer and fawn statues that meet visitors when they reach the island.
7. Hydra – This Saronic Gulf Island was the filming location for several Hollywood movies because of its tranquil scenery and beautiful beaches.
8. Chania Town – A town that blends traditional and new world perfectly.
9. Brac Island – This Croatian island has been described as paradise by many of its visitors.
10. Salonae – These wonderful ruins were once the capital of the Roman Empire in Dalmatia. The small amphitheater is a popular site to visit for tourists.