Top 10 Romantic Things To Do in New Orleans
The top 10 romantic things to do in New Orleans are:
1. Riding the Steamboat Natchez – This is one of the most romantic Mississippi River cruises you will find. For two hours, you will enjoy the scenery under a star-filled sky, while listening to music playing along the streets of adjoining neighborhoods.
2. Tour the French Quarter in a horse-drawn carriage – The French Quarter hotels are only part of the tour. You will also take part in a tradition that dates back to the 1700’s, where the only way to view the Vieux Carre was to ride by carriage.
3. Ride a Gondola – You will feel like you are in Venice, Italy, a city of love, which makes this one of the most romantic things to do in New Orleans. Snack on cheese and sip wine while you sail through the City Park canals. If the night air gets too chilly, your gondolier will provide you with a blanket for snuggling, which only adds to the attraction.
4. Tour the Oak Alley Plantation – Other things to do in New Orleans is to reflect on the past and tour the plantation. Feast your eyes on the castle with dramatic architectural designs and enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants on the premises.
5. Enjoy some Jazz at the Palm Court Jazz Café’ – Who needs to visit the Jazz Festival New Orleans when you and your partner can relax in style at this 20-year old café, sipping cocktails and tasting traditional Creole and Cajun dishes cooked to perfection.
6. Snag a seat at the Victorian Lounge – You and your loved one can sit in the balcony and revel in the ambience and old-world charm of this wonderful hotel, while listening to some local jazz musicians bellowing throughout the night.
7. Ride along St. Charles Avenue – Other romantic things to do in New Orleans, when the weather is warm is to hop aboard a streetcar and enjoy the sites of this infamous avenue.
8. Have a private picnic at the park – New Orleans City Park features botanical gardens, swans in the lake and a collection of Oak trees that have stood for hundreds of years. There is also a wonderful sculpture garden and of course, the New Orleans Museum of Art.
9. Tour Mardi Gras World – Some may think this is a little off, but this is a historical and magical place where you can see how they make the floats for Mardi Gras. You can play dress up and take photos too. It will be something only you two can share together, and a memory you will talk about for many years.
10. Visit Café du Monde – This world-class café provides beignets that you can order to-go. Head just a short walk over to the edge of the Mississippi and watch the sunrise. Having breakfast, watching the sunrise with your partner is always one of the most romantic things to do in New Orleans.