Paris may be the City of Love, but London is no stranger when it comes to romance. Our top 10 list offers ideas of romantic things to do in London.
- London Eye – What could be more romantic than a ride to the top of the Ferris Wheel for a panorama view of the city of London. Big Ben and the House of Parliament are among the landmarks that can be seen at the top. Consider renting out a private capsule and having a catered dinner.
- Buckingham Palace tours – Not very private, but can be romantic to walk the halls of a royal palace and daydream about the what ifs.
- Kew Gardens — The royal botanical gardens feature many attractions including the glass houses and treetop walkways. If you are in search of quiet and romantic things to do in London, try taking a walk through the Rose Garden and Orchid Collection.
- Westminster Abbey – Another place to pretend your life is a fairy tale and you’re marrying your own prince in the beautiful and historic church.
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theater – The perfect location to be a spectator of the ultimate love story, Romeo and Juliet.
- Hyde Park – A great spot for picnics and is a cool place for other things to do in London like jogging together, rollerblading or sitting on a park bench and reading a book together. The size of this park offers many private areas for a romantic outing.
- Tower of London – Diamonds are a girl’s best friend as the saying goes, so take her on a tour to the home of the Crown Jewels.
- Thames River Cruise – Take a slow romantic stroll along the banks of the river while you await boarding for your dinner cruise.
- London Opera House – Going to the Opera is one of the really romantic things to do in London after a nice dinner at a London café.
- Canary Wharf Ice Rink — During the cold season, grab some hot chocolate and ice stakes and the two of you make figure eights in the ice.
Our list compiled the Top 10 Romantic Things to do in London. If you want to live a little more on the edge than the norm and tradition, browse over our other articles on Unusual Things To do in London for ideas.