Let our top 10 Rocky Mountain hotels guide take you through some of the top rated lodging options available inside or in close driving distance of the Rocky Mountain Park in Colorado.
1. Stanley Hotel is a really nice historical hotel located in Estes Park, Colorado. The hotel is within easy driving distance to the Rocky Mountain National Park. The Stanley Hotel is probably one of the more unique hotels in Colorado. When you step into this hotel, it will feel as if you are stepping back in time. Among the many things to do outside such as hiking, horseback riding, kayaking and rafting, the hotel also offers a history tour. During this tour you will learn about the founders of the hotel. There is also a separate Ghost Tour inspired by Stephen King’s “Shining” novel where you will learn about the different instances of hauntings within the hotel. If you are interested in ghost hunting or the paranormal you will find this one of the most unique among the Rocky Mountain hotels. The hotel is old and has had many accounts of ghosts walking through their halls. Make sure to eat at the Cascade Restaurant to try their elk dishes. Very good value for great accommodations and amenities.
2. While searching for your Rocky Mountain hotel, you may want to look to Brynwood on the River in Estes Park, Colorado. Brynwood on the River is one of top rated Rocky Mountain Hotels due to its excellent location, breathtaking views and great customer satisfaction. They have several types of lodging, for any budget. You will have your choice of lodge rooms, themed cabins vacation homes or motel rooms. If you choose a cabin, they each have their own theme and sleep two to eight people. Brynwood on the River is within easy driving distance to the Rocky Mountain National Park where you will find many activities for you and your family. Some of these activities include fishing, hiking, horseback riding, rafting and many more. There is something for the whole family!
3. When planning a trip to beautiful Colorado, you will want to consider Aspen Lodge for your visit. There are many wonderful Rocky Mountain hotels in Estes Park, Colorado to choose from. This lodge is probably one of the most luxurious. To name just a couple of the amenities the lodge offers are hot tubs as well as an outdoor heated swimming pool, recreation and fitness center. Amazing destination for family vacations, weddings and anniversaries. This resort is eighty-two acres of fun and adventure. During your stay you will be able to participate in horseback riding, biking and tennis. You will also be able to enjoy beautiful views of Longs Peak which is the Rocky Mountain National Parks tallest summit. Whether you plan on spending most of your time in a room laying back and relaxing or enjoying the beautiful outdoors, you will not be disappointed.
4. Lazy R Cottages are located amidst the Colorado wilderness in about a mile from the entrance to Rocky Mountains National Park. The best way to describe these cottages is rustic luxury with cozy hot tub outfitted cabins that are simply perfect for romantic getaways and vacations. The cottages are either one, two or three bedroom cottages. Lots of amenities available on the premises like picnic tables, a kids playground minutes away from hiking trails. There are many activities for everyone in your family. They have children activities as well as horseback riding, golfing and mini golfing, rafting, tram rides as well as sightseeing tours. No matter what your interests, you’re sure to find something that will make your vacation fun and exciting!
5. Winding River Resort is a great multi-purpose destination offering a variety of cabins, lodge rooms and camping sites guests can choose based on their preference or budget needs. Winding River Resort is open year round and is recognized to be a top rated facility for hosting family reunions, vacations and even weddings. The resort is located in Grand Lake, Colorado. Among the many activities there are horseback riding, hay rides, pony rides for the younger children a chuck wagon breakfast and dinner. You may also bring your own horse and take a ride through any of the trails winding through the resort. Also on the premises you can book many season based tours like Rocky Mountain National Park fishing in spring, summer and fall, or skiing, snowmobile and sleigh riding in the winter. Winding River Resort will make your stay memorable and fun.
6. Holiday Inn Rocky Mountain Park is a super environmentally friendly and comfortable hotel and perfect for your National Park Exploration. All the nice conveniences you come to expect from a Holiday Inn located mere 3 blocks from downtown Estes Park, Colorado. Among the many activities that the Holiday Inn Rocky Mountain Park has to offer are shops filled with unique mountain gifts as well as arts and crafts. There are also cafés and restaurants for your dining pleasure. You will enjoy the beautiful views from your room. You will also be able to find plenty to keep you busy such as hiking, fishing, horseback riding, kayaking and rafting. There is sure to be something for everyone!
7. Alpine Trail Ridge Inn is one of the most closely located to the actual Park entrance Rocky Mountain Hotels. The management takes great pride in their return customers, immaculately maintained rooms and customer service. All 16 rooms have balconies providing a nice view of the National Park. This Inn is open from May 1 through mid-October. You will find many activities nearby that you will be able to do in order to make your Colorado vacation memorable and exciting. These activities include fishing, hiking, rock climbing classes and white water rafting. There are many quaint little shops as well as restaurants. The Elk are so plentiful that it is not unusual to see them wandering around town. When searching for Rocky Mountain hotels, be sure to check this one out!
8. When looking for a campground in Colorado Rockies, you will want to check out the Moraine Park Campground. This campground is situated in close proximity to the south of the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park in case you need to refill your supplies. Clean and well maintained facilities but no hot water. This is a perfect place for nature enthusiasts willing to go Rocky mountain hiking or backpacking. Moraine Park Campground is rated number one by multiple return guests. Among one of the largest Rocky Mountain Hotels in Colorado, the Moraine Park Campground boasts of 245 camp sites. The campground also offers activities for the whole family. Among these activities are hiking, kayaking and whitewater rafting. The campground also offers skiing in the winter. No matter what time of year you visit, you’re sure to have a great Colorado adventure!
9. Elk Creek Campground and RV Park is located by a trout pond, among Colorado wilderness and is perfect for fishing, hunting and outdoor enthusiasts. It has been operational for forty years. Lots of beyond basic amenities that you don’t normally expect from an average campsite like a general store, showers with hot water and many more. Choose among cabins, camp or RV sites. You will find many fun activities for your family during your stay at Elk Creek Campground. Among these are river rafting, tram rides, cave tours, hot springs, fishing, hiking and sightseeing. Other amenities of this campground include hot showers as well as laundry services and a pool table. No matter what your interests, there is sure to be something for everyone.
10. Timber Creek Campground is located on US Route 34, about 8 miles east of the Grand Lake Entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park. This campground is open year round and has ninety-eight campsites. This campground is adjacent to great hiking trails, Chickaree Lake and many other National Park attractions making it one of the best accommodation options for hikers and backpackers. There are many activities available for the entire family at Timber Creek Campground. Among these are fishing, rafting, horseback riding as well as hiking. No matter what your interests are, you will be able to find something fun and exciting for you and your entire family.