Top 10 Reasons To Visit Taos Ski Valley
Taos Ski Valley is a lovely place to visit in New Mexico, and with activities year round, it is a place that many don’t want to leave. Getting there is easy and the fun never stops no matter the weather. The following are just 10 reasons why you won’t want to miss the Taos Ski Valley on your next trip:
1. The valley is located just an hour and 15 minutes’ drive north of the capital, making it one of those must do day trips from Santa Fe.
2. The Taos Ski Resort offers numerous activities year round, from hiking and climbing in the summer to skiing and snowmobiling in the winter, and you don’t have to be a supreme athlete to visit, it has activities for all abilities during every season.
3. With its mix of European influences including German, French, Austrian, and Swiss combined with the native people’s culture and the Spanish, Taos Ski Valley has a European flavour to it, mixed with the history of the region.
4. Ski and snowboard stores right in the area bring you a large selection of equipment and anything you may have forgotten at home, making it a convenient and trouble free trip for all.
5. Taos Ski Valley is family friendly with many different classes offered at their top rated ski school. Private or group lessons for all ages are available so you can learn as you visit.
6. Things to do in Taos in the winter months include cross country skiing. As the largest cross country skiing area in the region, it is home to miles and miles of groomed trails specially designed for both classic and freestyle styles.
7. The tubing hill is great fun for the whole family, and there is no previous experience necessary. Rent tubes or carpets from the bottom of the hill and slide away to your heart’s content.
8. During the summer months the valley is home to world class climbing amid the picturesque peaks. Climb with certified instructors that make it one of these great places to visit in New Mexico.
9. Summer is a great time to take to the trail and hike into the lovely scenery, but Full Moon Hikes make it all the more interesting, and are offered at Taos Ski Valley on nights with full moons throughout the season. These hikes are 2 miles each way and free to participate.
10. If you are looking for something different, how about a snowshoe tour? These tours take on a variety of terrain and offer stunning views at every turn. Everyone is welcome and there is no experience required!
When in the north of New Mexico, you owe it to yourself to check out this area, no matter the season. You’ll be glad you did!