Top 10 Reasons To Go Camping in Adirondack National Forest
The Adirondack National Forest is one of the most serene and beautiful places on earth. The natural colors boast blues and greens and the land offers space to enjoy the outdoors. There are over 3,000 lakes and ponds and 2,000 miles of Adirondack hiking trails that make up the forest.
Below is a list of the top 10 reasons to go camping in Adirondack National Forest:
1. The outdoor recreation opportunities are a must in the Adirondack area. Canoeing, kayaking, and swimming are only some of the activities to enjoy in this beautiful forest.
2. Some of Upstate New York’s top ranked spas are scattered throughout the Adirondack National Forest.
3. The best Adirondack park camping sites are found in the National Forest area. There are nearly 100 campgrounds near the Adirondack Mountains. Campers can pitch tents are sleep in constructed cabins and enjoy the scenery.
4. Hiking the Appalachian Trail is one of the most sought after activities in the Adirondack Forest. Amazing hiking trails are scattered throughout and summon hikers from all over the country if not world.
5. The convenient location and distance from the east coast cities makes the Adirondack National Forest a popular weekend getaway.
6. Local area farmers markets are a drawing card to the area and keep residents of New York traveling distances on the weekend to stock up on fresh produce and plants.
7. The Adirondack hiking trails offer great exercise and a breath of fresh air to those travelers wanting to escape the smog of the city.
8. The gorgeous scenery of the forest and lakes provides a nice place to camp for the weekend. Majestic mountain peaks and pristine lakes offer a backdrop of beauty for campers and hikers alike.
9. World class museums and colonial forts are found in the National Forest.
10. The Adirondack area is a fine place to relax and rest from a week’s work. It is a place the entire family will love.