Top 10 Reasons To Choose Yosemite White Water Rafting
Yosemite is one of the crown jewels of America and has provided lasting memories for millions of vacationers and adventure seekers. If you want to experience Yosemite to the fullest there is no better way than to plan a Yosemite white water rafting excursion during your stay at the park. There are many things to do at Yosemite, but nothing can compare to the thrills of navigating your way down river through the rapids. Still need more convincing? Here are the top 10 reasons to choose Yosemite white water rafting.
1. Stunning Views – Yosemite is known for its spectacular views. It’ll be hard to keep your eyes on the river due to the spectacular granite cliffs and waterfalls that surround you.
2. Weather – Yosemite is beautiful any time during whitewater rafting season with mighty waterfalls in late spring, green meadows in summer and stunning foliage in early fall.
3. Giant Sequoias – No other white water rafting trip can provide a stroll through a grove of giant sequoias. These giant trees are breathtaking.
4. Selection of Rivers – There are several rivers to choose from for all levels of rafting experience. Whitewater rafting the Kern River, American River, or Tuolumne River are just a few of the choices Yosemite white water rafting trips have to offer.
5. Lake Don Pedro – This beautiful lake has shopping, hiking, water skiing, mountain biking, and a whole slew of extra activities to partake in.
6. Clavey Falls – This is the infamous level 5 drop that many choose to leave their rafts and walk around.
7. Rafting Guides – The Yosemite rafting guides are known for their vast knowledge of the park and its history as well as their ability to navigate people down the rivers safely.
8. Affordability – A Yosemite white water rafting trip doesn’t have to break the bank. There are several packages with a variety of amenities and lengths people of any budget can choose from.
9. Untouched Nature – Over 95% of Yosemite is designated wilderness.
10. El Capitan – Probably the most famous landmark in the park. Popular rock climbing destination. Good suggestion for a side trip.