Top 10 Reasons To Choose Sailing Holidays in Croatia
Sailing in the Adriatic Sea along the Croatian Coastline is some of the best sailing in the entire world. Below are the top 10 reasons to choose sailing holidays in Croatia.
1. Old Town Dubrovnik – Dubrovnik is a spectacular medieval walled city that was bombed during the 1990’s, but has been restored to its full glory. There architecture is amazing and there are several shops and restaurants to visit.
2. Riva Harbor – This Croatian harbor is a favorite destination for a sailing holiday in Croatia. The harbor is full of curious creatures and peaceful waters. A great place for a relaxing picnic.
3. Brela Beach – Sailing holidays in Croatia often include a stop at Brela Beach. This beach has been rated as the best beach in Europe and the sixth best in the entire world by Forbes magazine.
4. Brijuni Islands – Mediterranean sailing holidays are some of the best vacations because of places like the Brijuni Islands. The islands also include a national park.
5. Cres – When planning your sailing holidays in Croatia be sure to stop by the Island of Cres. It is the second largest island in the Adriatic Sea.
6. Losinj – Losinj is popular for its lush vegetation, and was under Venetian rule until 1797.
7. Rab – The island of Rab is known for being the greenest island in Croatia. It’s beautiful green forests give it a magical feel and its mild climate makes for comfortable travel.
8. Pag – If you’re planning your sailing holidays in Croatia and want to stop at a place to party then Pag is your place. The Novalja resort is known for being the party spot in Croatia.
9. Mljet – Mljet has a beautiful national park and a rich history.
10. Plitvice Lakes – Sailing holidays in Croatia wouldn’t be the same without a side trip to Plitvice Lakes. The water is crystal clear and there are a lot of cascading waterfalls. Plitvice Lakes National Park connects over 16 beautiful lakes.