Top 10 Places To Visit Near Delhi
Many frequent Delhi travelers get overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of busy Delhi with its non-stop commotion, traffic and crowds. Why not look for places to visit near Delhi to take a break and revive your senses? Choose Golden Triangle Tours in India to book some of the fantastic weekend and holiday getaways.
Our Top 10 Places to visit near Delhi guide will list some of the most interesting tourist places in India located around or near Delhi.
1. Visit a town of Agra that is very often associated with world’s famous attraction, Taj Mahal. Learn interesting Taj Mahal facts by visiting this embodiment of love as some locals refer to it since Taj Mahal was built to express Indian Emperor’s love to one of his wives. Among other famous Agra tourist attractions, visit Agra Fort and Chini ka Rauza, India’s famous tomb.
2. Fatehpur Sikri is one of remarkable places to visit in India that is at the same time located nearby the city of Agra. Amazing architectural creations represent a blend of Islamic and Hindu influenced styles.
3. Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary in Alwar will certainly help you take your mind off your everyday troubles. This attraction is only within a 3 hours trip from New Delhi so it’s convenient to get to during your short weekend getaway. Try spotting not only tigers but also deer, blue bull and many more inhabitants of this Wildlife Sanctuary.
4. There’s no doubt that Jaipur City simply must be included in your places to visit near Delhi list due to its incredible popularity and variety of things to do. Along with Delhi and Agra, Jaipur City boasts impressive architectural structures mainly expressed in symmetrically arranged streets and massive walls and gates. Shop for India’s finest handcrafted souvenirs to take home from Jaipur.
5. Patiala – Patiala is a wonderful getaway for any tourist seeking for places to visit near Delhi. Located within 147 miles to the northwest from the capital, the city is brimming with old style Royal luxury. Moti Bagh Palace is definitely Patiala’s iconic attraction boasting sprawling gardens, an art gallery and smaller palace structures.
6. Keoladeo National Park – Located 127 miles south from Delhi, visiting Keoladeo National Park could become a nice day trip outside of the capital. Haven for any birdwatcher from around the world, this Bird Sanctuary is boasting a large list of land birds and waterfowl along with some of the interesting mammals like jackals, hyenas, porcupines, jungle cats and mongoose species.
7. Mathura City is one of well known pilgrimage destinations for religious travelers from all over the world due to the fact that Lord Krishna is believed to be born here.
8. Gurgaon Kingdom of Dreams – Located within a half hour ride from Delhi, you will find one of the largest amusement park in India welcoming its visitors with Bollywood musicals, India performing arts, a colorful wedding show, circus galore and culinary extravaganza.
9. Corbett National Park is a great attraction to put on your list of places to visit near Delhi. Despite its location being some 3.5 hours away from the capital, you will not regret seeing this incredible destination. Set on magnificent Indian safari tours to spot magnificent tigers, leopards, bears, elephants and even crocodiles in their natural habitat. Corbett National Park is a unique destination for many tiger lovers.
10. Haridwar – For visitors seeking spiritual revelation, Haridwar is the place to see holy temples, take a dip in the sacred Ganges River and witness traditional religious ceremonies.