Top 10 Places To Visit in New Mexico
1. Santa Fe – This is one of the best cities in New Mexico to visit, and this is true for a number of reasons. The Loretto Chapel and Miraculous Steps can be seen in the city, and there are many other unique and exciting attractions and things to do in Santa Fe. One of the oldest and most romantic cities in the state, Sante Fe is a must visit.
2. Taos – There are many historic and spiritual things to see and do in Taos. This city is home to the Kit Carson Cemetery and Park, and there are also many shops, museums, places to eat, and a rich history to explore. Art galleries and historic homes also add to the charm that this city has, and the climate makes it a popular destination during the winter months.
3. White Sands – If the world’s largest gypsum sand dune fields and a natural beauty that is awe inspiring is ideal then White Sands National Monument is the place to go. The white sand dunes are in White Sands National Monument, and the entire area is a incredible experience at night when the moon is shining and the sand reflects the moonlight.
4. Roswell – With a history that includes UFO crashes and alien bodies found in the area, Roswell is a top city to visit for many travelers and visitors who are in New Mexico. Thousands of tourists visit each year just to see where the UFO was supposed to have crashed in 1947, and to the other top attractions that this city offers.
5. Carlsbad Caverns – Situated in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, these limestone caves are one of the deepest found anywhere in the USA. These caves also make up the fourth longest cave system in the country, and a tour through them is an incredible experience you will never forget. If you are anywhere in this part of New Mexico this is one attraction worth a visit.
6. Albuquerque – As the largest city in the state Albuquerque has a lot to offer to visitors. With more than three hundred days of sun, a warm climate makes this city a prime destination in the winter months. The culture and fascinating history of the area make this one of the top places to visit. There are many things to do in Albuquerque and locals of the area are very warm and inviting usually.
7. Los Alamos – This New Mexico city is home to the Famous Los Alamos National Lab, one of the top science and technology institutes in the world, but the city has much more to offer. Stunning southwestern scenery, beautiful weather, and too many attractions and historical sites make this a must visit for anyone in the area.
8. Bandelier National Monument – This home of Anasazi prehistoric Indian tribes cliff dwellings the Bandelier National Monument has some of the most diverse terrain imaginable. Mountains, canyons, a wide range of flora and fauna, and even magnificent Ponderosa pine forest can be found in this area.
9. Chimayo – Chimayo is a very small community in New Mexico, and is considered one of the top places to visit in the state. You can see the only fortified plaza still in existence in the country, and enjoy a lifestyle and community living that is unheard of in the modern world.
10. Nambe Falls – Nambe Falls is one of the most exquisite areas of natural beauty and scenic views found anywhere in the world. The peaceful serenity of the trails make it a paradise for hikers and nature lovers, and the views of the falls are incredible, and worth every step.