Top 10 Places To Visit In Manchester
Those looking to vacation in the United Kingdom will benefit from knowing the best places to visit in Manchester. Manchester has a wide variety of offerings for its visitors. Here is a top ten list of must-see attractions in Manchester:
1. Visit John Ryland’s Library. Built by Manchester’s first-ever millionaire, the history and gothic architecture of the building are awe-inspiring.
2. Spend the day at Heaton Park. As far as free things to do in Manchester goes, Heaton Park takes the cake when it comes to variety for all ages, offering playgrounds, rowboats, nature paths to walk and/or bike, and a beautiful historic mansion and farm to explore.
3. Visit the Whitworth Art Gallery. A part of Manchester University, this gallery features a varied program of exhibits and is located right next to a park.
4. Many of the best places to visit in Manchester are within walking distance, but look into Manchester car rental for a day so that you can explore a broader area of the United Kingdom.
5. Manchester offers a unique variety of fine dining venues. Be sure to get a world-class steak at the Gaucho Grill, or catch some gourmet Chinese at Red Chilli.
6. Make your way up the hill the Peek Tower. The breathtaking overhead view of Greater Manchester is worth the steep hike. The charming village of Ramsbottom is within walking distance, as is the East Lancashire Railway – both attractions worth taking the extra time to experience.
7. There are many hotels in Manchester UK, ranging from the inexpensive and truly homey, to the more experience and modern luxury experience.
8. Take in the sight of some impressive industrial architecture and learn a bit about the history of Manchester’s production mills at Ancoat, and industrial complex once known as workshop of the world.
9. Visit the Peoples’ History Museum, another free option amongst the best places to visit in Manchester.
10. Take in some live music at Band on the Wall, a legendary world music and jazz venue that has been central to the Manchester music scene since the early nineteen thirties.
As you can see, there are many wonderful places to visit in Manchester. Take your time and stay awhile.