Top 10 Places To Visit in Hyderabad India
Some say that Hyderabad is a city for lovers because it holds some of the most romantic tourist places in India. Apart from romance, you will find plenty of places to visit in Hyderabad no matter what your interests are.
1. Adhra Pradesh State Museum (AP State Museum) is one of the unique places to visit in Hyderabad for true art connoisseurs. The museum is one of the most diverse museums of contemporary art. If you are an art lover, this is the place you will want to check out during your visit to India. This museum contains art in several different galleries. Some of the galleries in the Adhra Pradesh State Museum are an Ajanta gallery, a Buddhist gallery, Brahmanical and Jain gallery, Arms and Armor gallery as well as a Numismatics gallery. The museum itself is a great example of Indo-Saracenic architecture. If you are a great lover of Indian arts and crafts, this will be one place you won’t want to miss.
2. When visiting India, there are many attractions to keep any tourist in awe. One of such places in Hyderabad is the Birla Mandir Temple. This magnificent temple was dedicated to Lord Venkateswara, the Birla Mandir of Hyderabad. It is built entirely from marble. This amazing piece of architecture took a span of ten years to complete. If you are a lover of architecture and art, you will want to make sure to include the Birla Mandir on your schedule. The intricate carvings of the temple as well as the mythological figures would be worth the trip. The temple also offers a beautiful view of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Come here at night to see how spectacular it looks when illuminated.
3. No matter what you may be looking for, you will enjoy visiting Nizam’s Museum. The museum is located in Puran Havli in the heart of the city of Hyderabad. This museum should definitely be among your places to visit in Hyderabad. The museum was acquired by the second Nizam of Hyderabad in about 1750. The palace has been converted into a museum which now houses many different antique collections. Among these collections is the antique automobile collection which consists of a 1930 Rolls Royce, Mark V Jaguar and a Packard as well as gold and silver jewelry, furniture and many unique handcrafted pieces belonged to the last Nizam. With all these different collections, you will most likely find something that interests you.
4. Nehru Zoological Park is the largest Zoo in India that houses over 3,500 species of different animals and is among must-see places to visit in Hyderabad. You can see India’s favorite animals like elephants and tigers and many species of birds and reptiles. The zoo is proud to be named after the country’s 1st Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. A visit to the zoo is a great trip for the whole family. There are many activities available such as safari trips including many different types like lion, tiger and bear safari as well as the butterfly safari. Other attractions are the elephant rides, the Natural History Museum and the children’s train. When looking for something fun and educational for the family, this is another great place to visit!
5. While visiting Hyderabad you may want to visit Hyderabad Botanical Gardens. Hyderabad Botanical Gardens are home to hundreds of medicinal, decorative plants, fruit trees and many unique samples brought here from many parts of the world. Lakes, meadows, bamboo forests are all awaiting their visitors. The Hyderabad Botanical Gardens were developed by the Forest Department and consists of one hundred and twenty acres. The purpose of the gardens is to conserve and educate the people. During your visit to the gardens you will be surrounded by beautiful trees, flowers and birds. This is a wonderful place to bring the whole family and enjoy your surroundings as well as to educate. If you are looking for an eco-friendly place to visit in Hyderabad, this is the place for you.
6. Paigah Tombs is an architecturally amazing creation dedicated to many generations of Indian nobles. The locals feel that these special geometric designs are unique and one of a kind, not to be found anywhere else in the world. The Paigah Tombs are unique and artistic with beautiful inlaid mosaic work. The Paigah Tombs are the final resting place of several generations of Paigah nobles. The Paigahs were very close to the Nizams and therefore had a significant social status. If your interests are the art and history of India, you will want to make sure you take the time to visit these Tombs as they are rich in both Indian art and history.
7. Secret Lake located behind Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad is a great escape place from the busy city. While located in the high-tech city, the lake also known as Durgam Cheruvu seems like it has been stopped in the past. When searching for places to visit in Hyderabad, you will want to make this one of your first stops. With its picturesque views Secret Lake is one of the most popular places to see in Hyderabad. The lake offers many fun recreational activities. Among these included pedal boating, camping and hunting. For those patrons who are rock lovers, the Secret Lake also has granite shields that date back as far as 250 million years. No matter what your interests are, this is one place that will surely conquer your heart.
8. Shilparamam Crafts Village is totally devoted to celebrating truly Indian cultural heritage and craftsmanship. Several times a year, there are arts and crafts festivals. Artists from all over the country are invited to these festivals. When patrons visit the Shiparamam Crafts Village, this gives them an opportunity to meet directly with the artists. This could be a wonderful trip for the entire family. This is a unique place to shop for amazing hand made souvenirs to take home.
9. Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad allows you to experience Bollywood at its best. You name it – they have it, including India style weddings, heart stopping rides, delicious India cuisine and movie themed attractions. Ramoji Film City is one of the most popular destinations for fun weekend getaways from Hyderabad.
10. Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad is a great place to stay whether you are on a family vacation or a honeymoon. The Hotel offers India’s luxurious hospitality at its best.None found.