Top 10 Places To Visit in Florida
Florida dreamy beach sunsets and a wide range of tourist attractions make this a nearly perfect destination for your next vacation. Read on to discover which top 10 places to visit in Florida we recommend.
1. Disney World – The finest and most popular of all amusement parks in Florida, this mega sized entertainment venue is located in Lake Buena Vista, Fl. Prepare to meet Mickey, Minnie and nearly all Disney characters, take family pictures against iconic castles and enjoy incredible rollercoaster rides. Set on 30,000 acres lot, Disney World combines four major theme parks, famous resorts, shopping and entertainment venues. One of the coolest places to visit in Florida that will take you days, if not weeks to explore.
2. Orlando, Fl – It was easy to decide what to put second on the list of best places to visit in Florida. Orlando Florida attractions are numerous, versatile and appeal nearly to everybody. Pick among world’s top theme parks Universal Orlando and Orlando Sea World that will take days to explore or simply enjoy Florida’s gorgeous beaches and sunsets. Among smaller but nonetheless enjoyable attractions visitors will find Gatorland, Holly Land and Wet’n’Wild parks.
3. Miami, Fl – Nothing says romance better than a Miami vacation does. Whether you are heading there for a honeymoon, rekindle you love connection or for a great family vacation, you will find a plethora of fun things to do in Miami. Great celebrity frequented beaches, world class shopping and better than anywhere in the world nightlife is awaiting eager vacationers. Miami is a gigantic city, so focusing on certain parts of it will definitely be easier for you when planning your next getaway. Show off your bikini at the South Beach, the hottest place in the world to be swimming, fishing, shopping or dining. Biscayne Bay, Zoo Miami and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are just a short list of attractions for you to consider.
4. Tampa/ St Pete – Third largest city in Florida, Tampa is the business center of the State with major company headquarters lining busy downtown streets. However, visitors still flock here to see its major attractions, Tampa Bay History Center, Lowry Park Zoo and Tampa Busch Gardens theme park, and Museum of Science and History. Nearby St Pete is a beautiful beach city with huge art flair to it. Enjoy Pier boardwalk, explore the works of art at the Florida International Museum and St Pete Museum of Fine Arts. Enjoy the largest Salvador Dali’s surrealistic painting collection in North America.
5. Florida Keys/ Key West – Florida Keys is one of the most beautiful tropical places to visit in Florida combining perfect beach activities with historical exploration. Key West, Fl is definitely a highlight of any vacation offering a ton of family activities. Boasting to be the southernmost point of the United States, it has not experienced any freezing temperatures in its history. Key West weekend getaways are nearly perfect mini vacations, especially if you are escaping up north winter chill. Venture to Dry Tortuga National Park accessible only by boat, Key West Nature Preserve and enjoy the best in the state fishing. Do not miss Ernest Hemingway House devoted to famous American writer who was living here for a decade.
6. Everglades National Park – Located in the southern part of the Sunshine State presents unique ecosystem and fauna, and the only place on the globe where alligators and crocodiles live together in natural habitat. A wide selection of bird species, marine creatures and reptiles could be found in the Everglades swamps. There are lots of family activities you can engage in while visiting the park, including boating, canoeing, kayaking, safari excursions and so much more.
7. Kennedy Space Center – Definitely a must to include on any list of places to visit in Florida located in Cape Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center is where you can see the Space Shuttle launch pad. Due to the fact that it’s a Federal Site, admission is limited and only allowed via special bus tours. Nearby Air Force and Missile Museum provides a wealth of scientific facts on American Space History.
8. St. Augustine – Arriving in St Augustine you might mistakenly feel that you are visiting an old charming European city with its cobbled streets, gas lamp restaurants and a row of museums. Founded by Spanish settlers back in the 16th century, this old fashioned city is breathing history and European charm. Among its top attractions, we highly recommend you visit Colonial Spanish Quarter Museum to discover the lifestyle of 16th century settlements, Potter’s Wax Museum displaying over 160 figures of prominent historical figures and definitely taking some art or night walking tours providing insights of art and history associated with St. Augustine.
9. Panama City Beach – You will not be mistaken if you come here to enjoy just that, its beaches. One of the highly coveted destinations in Florida for spring breakers and summer vacationers, Panama City Beach provides activities like snorkeling, reef diving and beach activities. After hours, head over to the Pier Park in Panama City Beach to enjoy great shopping and dining experiences.
10. Amelia Island – If you grow tired of hustle and bustle of Florida’s theme parks and glitz and glamour of everyday Miami, head over to the Amelia Island to relax at one of many quiet family owned bed and breakfasts, take in the beauty of local beaches and explore the charm of the Island. This place is great for families and outdoor enthusiasts offering plenty of walking, hiking and water sport activities. Rent a fishing charter, go horseback riding along moon lit beaches and spend a day exploring the local Museum of History.