Top 10 Places To Visit in Australia For Nature Lovers
Australian continent is the ultimate travel destination for visitors seeking encounters with untamed natural beauty, exotic animals and cultural experiences with the aboriginal people. It’s hard to imagine any other place in the world offering all these adventures and so many more. From snow capped mountains to arid deserts and flat plateus on land, to incredible coral reef ecosystem in the ocean, home to hundreds of species of unique marine inhabitants.
There are many places to visit in Australia if you are seeking nature and relaxation. In fact, the top 10 are listed below:
1. Cairns – A great town to start your adventure of exploring the largest in the world coral reef system. The Great Barrier Reef is a place of biodiversity where thousands of species of animals, plant life and organisms dwell year round. The Great Barrier Reef tours are explosive and breathtaking. Whether you favor snorkeling, diving or shore excursions, you will be delighted beyond your imagination at one of the best places to visit in Australia.
2. Great Ocean Road – Located about 3 hours from Melbourne, this Road presents a 150 mile stretch winding along the breathtaking Southern coast of Australia. It was built in honor all the fallen Australian soldiers during WWI. It is home to the iconic landmark, 12 Apostles Australia. Here you can see giant limestone monoliths created by wind and sea erosion. The Road should be savored in small gulps since it has many other attractions studding the coast along the way, including whale watching lookouts, wildlife reserves, amazing walking trails and views of astounding beauty.
3. Sydney – Home of the Sydney Zoo and Marine Aquarium where you can see literally thousands of native sea mammals, birds and fish. Sydney is so well known that is continues to make the list of top places to visit in Australia. Sydney Harbour is another breathtaking place to include in your family photos.
4. Kakadu National Park – Near Darwin, this park has an enormous variety of plants native to Australia. Also, paintings by the Aborigines are displayed throughout. In fact, the park is owned by various clans of the indigenous people who have been living here for centuries and who are proud to share their stories and beliefs with you.
5. Kangaroo Island – Kangaroo island tours are available all year long and in addition to seeing them in abundance, sea lions and seals also call the island home. It’s a place to see cute koalas, red kangaroos and pelicans flying over glistening in the sun waters. But the Island offers so much more besides its biodiverse flora and fauna, it’s also a destination for true foodies, fine wines, gourmet sheep cheese, honey and freshest seafood.
6. Uluru National Park – Home to the iconic natural attraction called Ayers Rock, this park features some of the most spectacular rock formations in the world, including the most famous, Uluru. One of the sacred places to visit in Australia that has enormous cultural and historical significance for Australian people. The park boasts some of the most endangered species of wildlife and plants.
7. Nambung National Park – Located on Australia’s Coral Coast, this park provides the most natural habitat for birds and native animals, including Kangaroos and Koala Bears. Its signature attractions are the rock pinnacles rising from the arid desert landscape providing beautiful backdrop for natural exploration. Park’s beaches are highly coveted among snorkeling and diving enthusiasts to see incredible marine wildlife of the coral reefs.
8. Fraser Island – On this island, the main tours revolve around whale watching. Also, exploring places like the rainforest and the sand dunes makes this a top attraction. One of the largest sand islands in Australia has a beach winding along 75 miles along the coast. Among its interesting wildlife inhabitants you will find sea turtles, whales, wallabies and kangaroos.
9. Tasmania – This island makes the list of places to visit in Australia for nature lovers because of the abundance of wildlife, mountains and lagoons. The beaches are also filled with natural landscapes, similar to New Zealand. The island offers a bounty of adventures for nature lovers from around the globe including water sports around its gorgeous beaches, world’s best hiking, bush walking, kayaking and white water rafting.
10. Magnetic Island – Close to Townsville, the island has the most exotic beaches and wildlife galore. You will encounter both Kangaroos and Koalas while strolling along the coast. Its beaches and lagoons are among pristine places to visit in Australia among natural and water sports lovers.
Now that you have your list of the top 10 places to visit in Australia, you should be able to pack your bags and go. This can be the vacation of a lifetime.
Please continue reading about Australia and the tourist attractions.