Finding good places to eat in Paris on a budget, would probably classify as unusual things to do in Paris. This city is not recognized for budget friendly menus, but it’s not an impossible task to locate good eats without breaking your piggy bank.
Follow along as we guide you to the 10 ten places to eat in Paris on a budget.
- Bouillion Chartier – Recognizable due to all the locals and tourists standing in queue. With seating for 300 this restaurant is always jammed packed, but there’s a good reason for that. The food is fabulous and the prices can’t be beat. A Parisian staple entree of Steak hache sauce poivere vert frites (essentially Steak and French Fries) is priced less than 10 Euro. Located at 7 Rue du Faubourg Montmartre.
- Brasserie de l’Ile St-Louis – Fine French cuisine at a reasonable price. Try the house special Sauerkraut with Alsace wine. Meals are priced around 30 Euro. Located at 55 Quai de Bourbon.
- Le Pre Verre – Creative French cooking paired with Asian spices create a whole new fusion of tastes. Meals include a starter, main course, and dessert for the budget price of 29,50 Euro. Find this gem in the Latin Quarter, 8, rue Thénard.
- Café Constant — Open for lunch and dinner, menu items like duck and potato pie with crispy apples and green salad are the reason why they are so popular. Not only one of the great places to eat in Paris, but a full meal can be gotten for only 25 Euro. Find Café Constant at 139 Rue Saint-Dominique.
- Crêperie Josselin – Not only budget friendly, but kid friendly too. They offer a variety of different crepes both savory and sweet. Visit for an early dinner so you have plenty of time leftover to enjoy some Paris nightlife. Located at 67 Rue du Montparnasse.
- Berthillon – Famous for their ice cream, this coffee shop is a great place to meet up with friends after dinner for a nightcap, dessert and other fun things to do in Paris. Grab a scoop for about 4 Euro. The shop is located at 29-31 Rue Saint Louis en l’ile.
- Auberge St Roch – Straight forward and delicious, so nothing else matters. Prices start at 16 Euro. Rustic ambiance and meals cooked to perfection, especially the fish. Located at 33 Rue St Roch.
- Café Le Plan B – Small bistro, priced for the budget conscious with meals starting 12,50 Euro. Best of all they are open late. Located at 89 Rue Daguerre.
- Paris Street Food – Food carts that serve anything from doner kabobs, crepes and grilled ham and cheese. These places are the best way to save some cash. Find street food in touristy areas and near large pedestrian crowds like Latin Quarter. Most food costs less than 7 Euro.
- L’As du Fallafel — Located at 34 Rue des Rosiers and has a reputation of being the best in town. A falafel is essentially a veggie sandwich on pita served with hummus and eggplant. Stop by and pick one up for about 5 Euro.
True, most of the places on our list are a little off the beaten path and you won’t find many of them near your hotels in Paris. But by picking some of this cafés, bistros and other places to eat in Paris, you’ll have the chance to connect with the locals.