Top 10 Oxford Attractions
Are you looking for Oxford attractions to make the most of your United Kingdom vacation? There are plenty of things to do in Oxford, a town that is both rich in history and steeped in modernity. Here is a list of top ten Oxford attractions that you must see while you are there:
1. The first university of the English-speaking world, University of Oxford is Oxford’s most famous landmark. In addition to its impressive stone architecture and scenic grounds, Oxford offers world-renowned museums and collections that are free and open to the public year-round.
2. Carfax Tower is located in the center of Oxford’s busiest shopping area and is all that remains of the centuries-old Church of St. Martin. Make your way up the stairs to the observation deck for a truly breathtaking view of the town of Oxford.
3. Visit the Mini Cooper plant for a tour of the factory – a fascinating way to spend the day whether or not you are a Mini Cooper enthusiast.
4. Spend one of your nights taking one of Bill Spectre’s Oxford Ghost Trail tours. Your host, in fully authentic character and costume, will guide you through the town while he introduces you to Oxford’s haunts and the ghosts who inhabit them.
5. Many worthwhile Oxford attractions are universities. Magdalen College and University Church of St. Mary the Virgin, just to name a couple, offer beautiful historic architecture and scenic grounds.
6. Take the kids to Karting Oxford, a stadium and sports complex with racetracks for go-carting.
7. Oxford’s Botanic Gardens are the oldest in Britain, and definitely worth spending a day’s stroll.
8. Catch a Shakespearean play at Creation Theatre Company.
9. Take in the Victorian-style architecture and dinosaur exhibits at the University Museum of Natural History.
10. Spend a day of spa-like relaxation at the Temple Cowley Pools.
There is so much to do and see in Oxford. Stay for a while in one of the many inexpensive hotels in Oxford UK and be sure to explore these notable Oxford attractions.