Top 10 Old Town Albuquerque Attractions
While looking for places to visit in New Mexico, you must not miss Old Town located in Albuquerque. There are many interesting and fun Old Town Albuquerque attractions that you will always have something to do. Some of these are either very inexpensive or free things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Below is a list of the top ten Old Town Albuquerque attractions.
1. Explora! Kids and adults alike will love this hands on learning center where they can enjoy and participate in the exhibits, activities and theatre performances.
2. Ghost Tours – If you are a would-be ghost hunter, you will love this lantern-lit tour through Old Town.
3. Gowen Arts Gallery – This is one of the most popular Old Town Albuquerque galleries. Visitors will find themselves in awe of the magnificent copper, brass and steel sculptures by Greg Gowen.
4. Lockheed Martin Dyna Theatre – Enjoy this giant film experience in this five story theatre.
5. Planetarium – Marvel at the amazing astronomy exhibits as well as the virtual voyages motion simulator.
6. Sacramento Mountain Weavers – Observe the artists at work as well as browse through their amazing collection of artwork.
7. Tingley Beach – Relax and enjoy some catch and release fishing at this peaceful lake.
8. Tintero Workshop and Gallery – Enjoy browsing through some created handcrafted artwork or you can create your own. This is definitely one of the Old Town Albuquerque attractions that will bring out the artist in you!
9. Turquoise Museum – Learn about the fascination history of this magnificent stone as well as how it is mined.
10. Rattlesnake Museum – This is one of the most unusual Old Town Albuquerque museums as it is home to the world’s largest collection of rattlesnakes.
It’s easy to see that any of these things to do in Albuquerque are sure to give you a glimpse into the history and culture of this amazing city. In addition to these Old Town Albuquerque attractions, there are many wonderful and relaxing Old Town Albuquerque hotels located conveniently too many of these attractions.