Top 10 Must-Do Amsterdam Sightseeing
Amsterdam is a unique city that lures visitors from all over the globe. Amsterdam sightseeing has become popular because of the world-class attractions, rich history, and unique culture.
Below is a list of the top 10 must-do things on your weekend trips to Amsterdam or a full-blown vacation:
1. Stay at the Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel, one of the area’s finest luxury accommodations located on the historic Herengracht Canal.
2. Traveling to Amsterdam can be a fun and unusual experience in itself. Visitors can take a mini cruise to Amsterdam and enjoy the scenery from the water.
3. Visiting Amsterdam’s museums is as popular as the food. The city’s big three should not be missed and include the Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, and Rijks Museum.
4. Frequent the many cafés for lunch, light dinner, happy hour drinks, or just a cup of coffee.
5. Touring the city by bicycle can be one of the most memorable things to do in Amsterdam that you will ever experience.
6. Go shopping specialty food stores. Amsterdam is full of unique stores and charming shops. Open air markets can also provide wonderful treasures and great food.
7. Take a self-guided walking tour. Touring the city can provide with most unforgettable Amsterdam sightseeing and by foot it will add to the lasting memories. Fine architecture dated back hundreds of years and picturesque cafes provide wonderful photo opportunities.
8. Take a sunset or night cruise in Amsterdam when looking for a little romance. These comfortable and quirky little boats allow you to snuggle up to your loved one and enjoy the scenery.
9. Visit a second hand store that is anything but second rate. Some of the local second hand stores carry some first rate finds and wonderful antiques.
10. Visit the bars off the beaten path. Talk to locals for details and directions.
Amsterdam sightseeing is fun filled and as unique as the city itself. If you are looking for an itinerary that will never get boring, Amsterdam is the place for family holiday, single holiday and romantic cruise.