Top 10 Museums In Chicago
Chicago, Illinois is a city that enjoys an abundance of excitement and culture. Whether you are looking for romantic things to do in Chicago, or something more cultural, there are plenty of activities to be found. The museums in Chicago are among some of the best in the world. Please see below for a list of the top 10 museums in Chicago.
1. Field Museum of Natural History – This is a wonderful museum with over 20 million artifacts although it is best known for its dinosaur displays.
2. Art Institute of Chicago – This is listed among the top 10 things to do in Chicago and is best known for its French impressionist paintings, African masks and magnificent displays of modern art.
3. Chicago Children’s Museum – When looking for things to do in Chicago with kids, this should be at the top of the list. Children will love the hands on exhibits as they splash, climb, build and explore as they discover the world around them.
4. Museum of Contemporary Art – This is the home to beautiful art exhibits that were created since 1945.
5. Adler Planetarium and Astrology Museum – This is one of the most popular museums in Chicago. Visitors will see why as they step aboard an observation deck of a futuristic starship and enjoy the beauty of being surrounded by the universe in the Deep Space Adventure exhibit.
6. Museum of Contemporary Photography – This is the only museum in the Midwest that is dedicated to photography. Exhibits include Crime Unseen collection.
7. Museum of Science and Industry – Since 1933 the museum has been dedicated to the education about science and technology. Exhibits include the Coal Mine Exhibit complete with a working elevator as well as the captured German WWII submarine.
8. Shedd Aquarium – Enjoy being engaged and educated about the life in oceans and waterways as well as how to conserve the wildlife habitats.
9. National Museum of Mexican Art – With more than 5000 artifacts such including photography and folk art.
10. The Chicago History Museum – One of the best museums in Chicago dedicated to the history of Chicago including artifacts from the Chicago Bulls and the Great Chicago Fire.
It is clear that there is no shortage of museums in Chicago for those looking for a cultural experience. Whenever looking for things to do in downtown Chicago, visitors will be amazed by the abundance of museums depicting different artifacts, history and science.