Top 10 Museums In Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain offers its visitors a wealth of cultural explorations and sightseeing attractions that are worth experiencing at least once in a lifetime. If you want to get a glimpse into the history and culture, you must be sure to visit the many museums in Barcelona depicting their history and traditions. If you are looking for top ten museums in Barcelona, please take a look at a list below.
1. Le Pedrera – This is one of the many unique buildings of Barcelona designed by Antoni Gaudi. This intriguing apartment building with its irregular walls is home to many amazing renaissance drawings as well as modern art.
2. Barcelona Contemporary Art Museum – This is one of the more popular art galleries dedicated to art from the second half of the twentieth century.
3. Gaudi House Museum – Stroll through this museum and get a first-hand glimpse of how Gaudi spent the twenty years he resided in Barcelona before his death in 1926.
4. Maritime Museum – This is a wonderful museum full of maritime artifacts from between 1750 and 1850.
5. Picasso Museum Barcelona – Enjoy strolling through the many exhibits by the famous painter.
6. Ethnological Museum – This is one of the most popular museums in Barcelona with many historical and cultural artifacts of Spain.
7. Archaeology Museum of Barcelona – This museum will give you a glimpse into the history of archaeology from prehistoric times to ancient history.
8. Miro Museum Barcelona – This is one of the most visited museums in Barcelona depicting the amazing work of Miro.
9. Museum of the History of Catalonia – Visitors may browse through the exhibits depicting the history of Catalonia which is a part of Spain yet almost acts as its own country as they have their own language, culture and traditions.
10. Science Museum of Barcelona – This is one of the best museums in Barcelona if you have children. There are many exciting and interactive exhibits for adults and children alike. There is also a planetarium to visit for those interested in astronomy.
It is clear that if you are looking to learn more about the amazingly beautiful city of Barcelona there are many wonderful museums in Barcelona as well as other Barcelona tourist attractions to enjoy for the entire family.