The City of Love, otherwise known as Paris has many reasons why it gained that “nom de plume” (aka nickname). The bright lights, sensual French language, and all the romantic things to do in Paris are the reasons. It’s all enough to make you fall head over heels for Monsieur Right or Mademoiselle Right.
If you’ve already located the perfect mate, here is a list of top 10 most romantic things to do in Paris that may come in handy.
- Eiffel Tower at night – Once the sun goes down and the twinkly lights of the tower are bright enough to set any mood for love.
- Loire Valley Castles – This is what fairy tales are made out of. Visit Loire Valley and tour the castles that have been situated there since medieval times. The historical Renaissance castles can even be rented for special events.
- Palace of Versailles Hall of Mirrors – Possibly the most famous room in the world and it’s all about reflection. Stroll the hall for a walk down memory lane and then take time to visit the elaborate gardens on the property.
- Love Locks – As tradition would have it, you take the one you love to the Pont de l’Archeveche and write your initials upon a padlock. Then the two of you hold hands and toss the key into the water down below as you pledge your undying love to each other.
- Louvre Museum – Nothing screams romantic things to do in Paris, like interlocking hands and walking through the halls of the Louvre viewing some of the most magnificent masterpieces and works of art in the world.
- Seine River Cruise – There’s nothing more magical than a dinner cruise under the City of Lights. The moon won’t be the only thing shining if you looking for romantic things to do in Paris.
- Panoramas of Paris – Take the high road, we mean ride up to the top. From the Arc de Triomphe, Grand Arc de la Defense to the hilltop of Basilique du Sacre-Coeur the City of Paris is beaming with brilliant views from above.
- Parc Floral – Deemed visually interesting with their butterfly garden, four season’s garden and the garden of smells. This botanical garden has love in the air.
- Hotel de Ville – Capture your moment in “Life” with a rendition of the 1950 film The Kiss on the Sidewalk. Also published in Life Magazine, this famous kiss in front of the Hotel de Ville is why Paris was coined, the City of Love.
- Wall of Love – How many ways can you tell someone you love them? How about three hundred and eleven. Go to the Wall of Love and you will see the words “I Love You” written in 311 different languages.
After a full day of sightseeing the Paris attractions, you’ll be ready to check out our articles on Places to Eat in Paris when you are on a tight budget.