Top 10 Most Romantic Savannah Georgia Attractions
Savannah Georgia attractions can definitely be romantic if you plan your trip in advance and take advantage of all this area has to offer. You don’t have to spend a lot of money either.
The great part about Savannah Georgia attractions is the diversity and unusual nature of the state. The weather is usually very appealing so you can spend many of your days and nights outdoors, regardless of the time of the year.
1. Spend time in the Savannah GA historic district – Forest City and Savannah Town both offer a village type feeling, wrapped in paradise. You can take leisurely walks without the crowds and loud noisy tourists to drown out your intimate conversations.
2. Stay away from the top Savannah tourist attractions – Spend time on the beach or visit the lighthouse instead. You can also go watch the dolphins as they frolic in the bay.
3. Skip the hotels in Savannah GA and book a bed and breakfast – The President’s Quarters Inn is one of the most exclusive and romantic places you can stay when visiting this area. The setting is surrounded by fresh, flowers and every night you receive a small, unique surprise that just the two of you can share.
4. Take a carriage ride – One of the most romantic things to do in Savannah GA, is the infamous horse-driven carriage rides along the quiet back streets.
5. Tour historic homes – Savannah Georgia attractions don’t have to be expensive, you can spend hours touring old, historic homes together. Old Town Trolley tours will take you to see the highlights of the Forsyth Park, Andrew Low House, Juliette Gordon Low Girl Scouts Mecca, cathedrals and so much more.
6. Old-fashioned ghost tours – Another one of the well known Savannah Georgia attractions are the ghost tours in Savannah for the dark romatics at heart. This is a great way to make sure you two stay close together as you stroll along paths of the Bonaventure Cemetery, the final resting place of Savannah nobles.
7. Visit a park – Forsyth Park has an exquisite water fountain where you can spend time taking photos or have a picnic. The Fountain resembles famous fountains in Paris, France and Cuzco, Peru and is lit green on St Patty’s Day to celebrate a large population of Irish community in Savannah.
8. Dine out – The Sapphire Grill offers a quiet and sophisticated atmosphere for adults only.
9. Go on a cruise – A very romantic and exciting time can be had on the Savannah Riverboat Cruise. You should be able to find them running during the late morning, afternoon and evening hours.
10. Paula Deen Culinary Tours – If you are both foodies at heart, it’s hard to imagine more romantic Savannah Georgia attractions than setting on culinary adventures themed by the Savannah local and Foodnetwork Star, Paula Deen. Stop by at the Lady & Sons restaurant to experience southern hospitality at its best and sample Paula’s best dishes. In the evening, eating seafood at the Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House co-owned by the Lady herself and her brother is a great finish of a deliciously romantic day.