Top 10 Melbourne Attractions For Kids
Melbourne is one of the most kid friendly city’s down under. There are so many attractions it was difficult to narrow down this list to just the top 10 Melbourne attractions for kids.
1. Melbourne Zoo – Come visit the zoo and cuddle up with koalas and kangaroos. This zoo is the oldest in Melbourne and the third oldest in the world, established in 1862.
2. Wonderland Fun Park – Family fun with a carnival atmosphere. Rides, games and lots of cotton candy. Come for the show attractions, special events and they even book birthday parties.
3. Melbourne Aquarium – Kids can watch the sharks, stingrays and other marine life swim around above their head.
4. Art Play – Free-style and free- flowing is the philosophy at Art Play. Children of all ages can contribute to long term art projects, attend workshops, decorate the playground and join in performances offered by the studio.
5. Luna Park – A giant amusement park that features a Ferris Wheel, a carousel and more thrilling scream your head off roller coasters and fun Melbourne attractions. Luna is home to the world’s oldest coaster, Scenic Railway which just happens to offer the best view of the city of Melbourne.
6. Science Works – A place to learn about Science, a museum and the Planetarium all rolled up into one full filled day with your kids at these Melbourne tourist attractions. A visit here will spark their imagination and creative drive.
7. Melbourne Museum – The museum features eight collections and galleries, with one designated exclusively for children. It is both interactive and imagination focused to ensure that children can relate to the history and culture of the artwork they are viewing. An IMAX theater is also a part of the Melbourne Museum.
8. Healesville Sanctuary – Apart of the Zoos Victoria family of wildlife systems, the sanctuary is home to special, rare and protected species of animals. They offer meet and greet sessions, wild encounters and unique sanctuary experiences.
9. Wattle Park – Playground, on site barbeques and picnic areas, plus old W Class trains that kids can play and climb on. This is one of the favorite locals Melbourne attractions that even tourists enjoy.
10. Penguin Parade at Phillip Island – While there are plenty of things to do in Melbourne, Australia, it’s definitely worth the short drive to Phillip Island. Come around sunset to see the little penguin colonies leave the ocean and parade across the beach to their sand dunes to burrow themselves in for the night.
Melbourne attractions are plentiful and parents have many options to entertain their children each day while vacationing in Australia.