Top 10 Mammoth Cave National Park Lodging Options
When planning a vacation to Southern Kentucky, you must check out Mammoth Cave National Park. Visitors will be in awe of the beautiful and majestic underground caves as well as the abundance of wildlife that inhabit this area. While visiting Mammoth Cave National Park, there are many wonderful Mammoth Cave National Park lodging options for everyone. Here we have compiled a list of the top ten Mammoth Cave National Park lodging options.
1. Mammoth Cave Hotel – This is one of the best of the Mammoth Cave hotels in the area. Open year round, visitors are able to relax in the spacious rooms while enjoying the convenient location just outside the entrance to the park.
2. Mammoth Cave Campground – If visitors are looking to enjoy the more primitive Mammoth Cave National Park camping, this is the place to be. This is the park’s main campground and is located along the Green and Nolin Rivers. Guests will marvel at the magnificent views. This is one of the best lodging options to enjoy the many different Mammoth Cave tours that are available.
3. Mammoth Cave Horse Camp – This is a great place to bring your equine friend to enjoy the over sixty miles of trails located in the vicinity of Mammoth Cave National Park. Amenities include water, electric, restroom with shower and a home for your horse. Guests will enjoy the beautiful views of the caves, waterfalls, rivers and wildlife.
4. Jellystone Park – This is one of the best family friendly Mammoth Cave National Park lodging options. Focusing on family fun, there are plenty of activities for the entire family to enjoy including arts and crafts, swimming, mini golf, and wagon rides.
5. Lakeside Dreams – This resort cabin is located on scenic Nolin Lake and is open year round. Visitors will enjoy the luxurious three bedroom, two bath cabin complete with a fully functional kitchen. This is a wonderful place for the entire family or just for a romantic getaway.
6. Wigwam Village – This unique motel was inspired by the Sioux tepees and is conveniently located within a mile of the park’s entrance. Wigwam Village is open year round and offers comfortable and relaxing accommodations.
7. Serenity Hill Bed and Breakfast – This is a beautiful and romantic location just one mile from the park. Visitors will enjoy comfortable and luxurious rooms at affordable rates.
8. Cottages at Briar Creek – Located on beautiful Nolin Lake, these beautiful and fully functional Mammoth Cave Cabins are open year round. This is a wonderful place to spend a romantic weekend.
9. Rock Cabin Camping – Visitors will have a choice of a primitive campsite, bunkhouse or a cozy rock cabin. Located just outside the park entrance, this is like stepping back in time.
10. Singing Hills RV Park and Campground – Located just outside the park, this is another great lodging option to consider. If you are traveling in your home on wheels, you are able to park here and enjoy all of the amenities they have to offer. Visitors will be able to enjoy the bath house, free Wi-Fi throughout the park, a propane filling station as well as the fully stocked pond for fishing.
It’s easy to see that there are many great Mammoth Cave National Park lodging options to choose from. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway or a family vacation, you will be sure to find the perfect place to stay to make your vacation fun and memorable.