Top 10 Key West Nightlife Spots
With plenty of things to do in Key West during the day it does not mean that the city falls asleep at sunset, on the contrary, Key West nightlife is full of unique and off the beaten path hot spots to meet all your entertainment needs.
Whether you fancy bar hopping, dancing or enjoying fine Key West cuisine, our Top 10 Key West Nightlife Spots Guide will introduce some of the most popular choices.
1. Rick’s Entertainment complex is the place to be in Key West no matter what you like to do at night. Rick’s features a series of bars, dance places and restaurants centered around Duval Street area. Grab a beer at Durty Harry’s and listen to daily live music bands that start playing around 9pm. Head upstairs for the hottest Key West nightlife dance spot.
2. Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville Café is a must Key West nightlife hot spot for a true country music fan at heart. The atmosphere, food and a great souvenir shop create a fun place to be while visiting Key West.
3. Schooner Wharf Bar is located in a historical district of Key West and is one of the most popular nightlife Key West attractions among locals and visitors. This hot spot remains packed during the day and night and will delight your senses with amazing food and drink choices, live music and regularly held entertainment events.
4. Sloppy Joe’s is not a popular restaurant food but a very respectable Key West nightlife hot spot that gets so crowded that you have to squeeze your way in. Since locals say the place is worth it, why not giving it a try?
5. 801 Bourbon Bar & Cabaret has been welcoming its gay and straight customers for quite some time. Only here you can see a very eclectic crowd and burlesque shows that would not be complete without Drag Queens. Overall a very crazy but really fun place to check out.
6. Green Parrot Bar is very popular among Key West locals due to its hard to find location and fairly reasonably prices. Green Parrot Bar also features some fun bar types of sports including pool, darts and pin ball.
7. Wine Galley Piano Bar is an elegant fine dining and piano music destination that is popular among Key West visitors. Extended Martini menu and mouthwatering food selection completed with soft piano tunes at the background are ideal for a date or simply a relaxing evening.
8. Snappers Waterfront Saloon and Raw Bar is a perfect mix of great food, drinks and live entertainment on weekends. Do not forget to check out this place during your next Key West weekend getaway.
9. Bull and Whistle Complex is a block full of amazing entertainment stuff like loud live music, endless beer and entertainment all day and night. Stand up comedians, live music bands and special events. After a few rounds, check out the top floor featuring a very special clothing optional bar in the Key West. You decide how far you want to go.
10. Located in the Lower Key’s Neighborhood Hog’s Breath Saloon is not just any bar with regular drinks and music you get to expect but a full blown entertainment joint that is frequented by a myriad of Key West visitors. Check out their online schedule of special events, contests and happenings to pick your favorite.