Top 10 Interesting Yosemite National Park Facts
The top 10 interesting Yosemite National Park Facts have to do with the number of natural attractions as well as the history.
The top 10 interesting Yosemite National Park facts are listed below:
1. The original inhabitants of Yosemite date back 3000 thousand years. You can review hundreds of relics once used by these natives.
2. There are 13 different camping sites to choose. It is one of the most common things to do at Yosemite. The sites are all different, from the views to the amenities.
3. The first tourists were guided into the park in 1855. Before the park became commercial property, President Abraham Lincoln had to sign an act through Congress. This is the only park to boast such a historical event.
4. Another one of the most interesting Yosemite National Park facts is the number of visitors. Each year, more than 4 million people travel to this destination. Since the weather in the park is gorgeous year round, it makes the perfect vacation spot.
5. Yosemite National Park lodging includes basic campsites in tents and trailers. A little known fact is this park also has cabins, cottages and even condominiums. You should find sleeping quarters to suit almost everyone.
6. The Yosemite National Park Half Dome hike is 17 miles from beginning to end and takes about 12 hours to complete. Those who want a real challenge will definitely love this attraction.
7. Yosemite National Park waterfalls are found throughout the area. They vary in height from over 2400 feet to about 300 feet.
8. In the Valley, there is an area called the Giant Staircase that is made from a 317-foot waterfall. The way the waters cascade over the natural stone is breathtaking
9. Planning a trip here means you must have Yosemite National Park facts to ensure a great adventure. The best time to visit is May and June, when the natural beauty is at peak conditions.
10. During March of 1987, a landslide dropped over 1.5 million tons of gravel and debris at the bottom of the Valley. The area remained closed to tourists for months after. Cleanup was a huge endeavor.