Top 10 Interesting Palm Island Dubai Facts
When visiting Dubai, you will find that the newly constructed Palm Island is one of the most popular things to do in Dubai. There are several interesting Palm Island Dubai facts and here we have a list of the top ten.
1. The planning of the Palm Island Dubai consisted of over one hundred studies just to determine the feasibility of the project.
2. The Island is actually of series of islands connected together made to look like a palm tree. There is nothing else in the world like it.
3. There were very specialized and highly qualified divers that inspected the rock formations below the water in order to be certain that it was stable.
4. The Island is one of the few objects that are visible from space to the naked eye. Another landmark that is visible is the Berlin Wall.
5. The Palm Island Dubai adds about 60 kilometer of shoreline to the mainland of Dubai.
6. There are over 12,000 palm trees are to be grown on the island in a nursery to supply the island with its palm trees.
7. The crescent that surrounds the Palm Island acts as a breakwater to protect the island from high waves in case of a typhoon or storms. The breakwater consists of sand, geotextile fiber as well as small and medium rocks which help to make it strong and stable.
8. In addition to the many residences that will be built on the island, there will be some of the most luxurious and best hotels in Dubai. These hotels will be able to compete with the ultra-luxurious Burj Al Arab.
9. The island technically is not an island at all as it is connected to the mainland by a bridge.
10. There were over 32 million cubic meters of sand that were used in making the island into what we see today. Most of this sand came from the ocean floor so they were able to use natural resources that were already in use.
In addition to the many things that are available on the Palm Island Dubai, there will also be magnificent Dubai nightlife, making this a hip and exciting place for residents as well as tourists.