Top 10 Hotels in Hamburg Germany – Tips For Visitors!
The kinds of hotels in Hamburg Germany you want to book are those that have excellent service and are close to their U-Bahn or S-Bahn, which is their public transportation. That’s because, aside from walking, this is the best way for you to see and explore this quiet, yet exciting city.
Sure, there are lots of luxury hotels in Hamburg Germany that will make your eyes pop and your heart skip a beat, due to the extravagant luxuries and elegant décor, but you may not need all of that. As a first-time visitor, you just may want something cozy, comfortable and convenient.
This is a list of the top 10 hotels in Hamburg Germany with some tips for visitors too:
1. Park Hyatt – Is one of the larger hotels in Hamburg Germany that has 252 rooms, but also provides 31 apartment-like hotels, which are more like suites. They are within walking distance of the U-Bahn and S-Bahn and 10 miles from the Hamburg airport.
2. Sofitel Hamburg – This is one of the elegant and sophisticated hotels in Hamburg Germany that provides a wonderful view of Alster Lake. It is within the business district and you are able to walk to many major attractions, including Alter Elbtunnel.
3. InterContinental – Has a quiet location, but is still one of the top hotels in Hamburg, because of the close proximity of shopping and sightseeing, by way of the Jungfernstieg, their underground railway, which is just 10 minutes away.
4. East – is a trendier hotel that with a location meters away from the Red Light District, which makes it extremely attractive accommodations for those who like Hamburg nightlife.
5. Gastwerk Hotel – The design of this hotel makes it very unique, it’s industrial, yet functional and cozy. Great for working, living and relaxing. With 141 rooms and lofts, it also has one of the best restaurants in Hamburg, the Mangold, on site.
6. Hamburg Marriott – The name Marriott always winds up in the top 10. For years, these hotels have continued to provide relaxing, comfortable settings and this hotel is no exception. The location is within the business district so many people traveling for work will appreciate the hospitality here. They are also only 3 blocks from the railway.
7. Madison Hotel – You can get to virtually all of the Hamburg attractions by walking, when you stay here. It is between the city center and Michel Church and provides you with a choice of suites, studios or very spacious lofts.
8. Radisson Blu Hotel – This hotel has a great view with large comfortable surroundings and wonderful service. You will be able to find many things to do in Hamburg within a 10-to 15-minute walk.
9. Crowne Plaza Hotel – A great hotel only 20 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from the subway. They also have a fabulous 5-star restaurant on the premises, called the Blue Marlin, along with a very popular bar, called King George.
10. Intercity Hotel – Close to the metro, shopping, restaurants and night clubs. Plus, the rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable, with a very hospitable staff. You will receive complimentary breakfasts each morning as well as a metro travel card.