Top 10 Hotels in Cologne Germany – Tips For Visitors!
The fact that the hotels in Cologne Germany were built around the art galleries, museums, and restaurants shows the diligence and foresight of the founders of this wonderfully, unique city.
Cologne is also one of the main cities included in Rhine River cruises, which makes it all the more appealing. If you plan to hop on a river cruise into Germany, you may need to find a place to stay overnight.
This makes finding hotels in Cologne Germany even more interesting, because the length of your stay can sometimes dictate the price. If you are only docking from the cruise, you can find lots of locals who will recommend great accommodations, once you arrive.
This is why the top 10 hotels in Cologne Germany are already listed, right here:
1. Excelsior Hotel Ernst – This luxury hotel is known for panoramic views, especially those of the Cologne Cathedral, which can be seen as long as you specifically request a room facing this attraction. They just build a new wing with much larger rooms.
2. Hotel Domstern – This is one of the hotels in Cologne Germany that offers junior suites, with a refrigerator and mini bar, and lots of space. The best rooms are on the higher floors and be sure to request air conditioning during the summer.
3. Stern Am Rathaus – This is a great, modern hotel that is close to a number of things to do in Cologne, including visiting city historic district. You can walk to the majority of the restaurants, bars and shopping plazas.
4. Hyatt Regency Cologne – This hotel is very modern and wonderfully designed. The suites and rooms are warm and inviting and envelop you in comfort. The views from the rooms are superb, but you are charged a bit extra to see the Rhine from your room.
5. Hotel Casa Colonia – This is the perfect Cologne accommodation for people who love peace and quiet. Although it is in the heart of the city and mere minutes from Museum Ludwig, Hauptbahnhof and more, it is so quiet, you will forget. They don’t have an elevator though.
6. Cologne Marriott Hotel – Best loved for having fast, friendly and efficient service. They are close to historic Cologne, a number of other attractions as well as the convenient railway.
7. Pullman Cologne – Great hotel for traveling business people and couples. The rooms are smaller than others, but the location to all of the shops makes up for this. Plus, they make your breakfast to order every morning.
8. Gunnewig Hotel Stadtpalais – This hotel is modern and hip. It is very clean and has a great location. It is close to many of the smaller, side streets where the art museums and galleries are.
9. Radisson Blue Hotel – A top notch hotel with large rooms, friendly staff and surprising luxuries. The location makes it easy to find your way around town and its close enough to walk to the Rhine River.
10. Ameron Hotel Regent – This is one of the cheap hotels in Cologne that also provides space and lots of comforts. It’s great for families because it’s owned by a family. It is located only 5 minutes away from the train station and is very convenient.