Top 10 Hotels in Bern Switzerland – Tips For Visitors!
Hotels in Bern Switzerland run the gamut from budget friendly, charming and historical to glamorous, cosmopolitan and ultra-modern, and that’s just in one UNESCO World Heritage Site city! Here then is a sampling of the 10 best Bern hotels you should consider for your next Switzerland vacation.
1. Conveniently located next to the main station is Hotel Schweizerhof Bern, a five star hotel with sweeping architecture and 99 well-appointed rooms. The brand new spa will leave you invigorated and the Cigar Lounge is the epitome of elegance in this modern and sophisticated space.
2. Bellevue Palace, the ‘grand dame’ is another of the exquisite hotels in Bern Switzerland that has played host to the likes of Queen Elizabeth II and Winston Churchill to name just two. This majestic palace is situated overlooking the gorgeous Alps and the River Aare.
3. For panoramic views of the historical city, Hotel Inner Enge boasts just 26 rooms, but with a country feel and a spaciousness that can’t be beat.
4. Hotel Allegro Bern is a modern hotel in the heart of the city with a sweeping glass foyer, 171 well-appointed rooms, fitness center and restaurant, not to mention the attached Casino for a game or two before you retire.
5. For a hotel close to all the Bern Switzerland attractions, look no further than the Best Western Hotel Bern. Located in the heart of the city, it includes a free breakfast as a gateway to such things as the BearParc and the Kramagasse.
6. For a hotel just a 15 minute walk to the Old Town and within a shorter walk to the shops, the Hotel Waldhorn is a spotless, quiet and comfortable choice of hotels in Bern Switzerland.
7. Modern bathrooms, a tree lined street and all the comforts of home are what await you at the Hotel-Restaurant Jarolin. Close to all the attractions yet quiet and roomy, you can’t ask for anything more.
8. The Hotel Astoria offers 62 rooms of varying sizes in its historic building, with the charm of sloping ceilings and open windows for cool summer breezes, the attached restaurant and included breakfast will set you up nicely for the day.
9. If you’re looking for a central option in hotels in Bern Switzerland, check out the Kreuz Swiss Q, it’s a great budget hotel, less of the frills but comfortable and spotless in its historic locale.
10. In the middle of Old Town, the Hotel Belle Epoque is nestled in a charming period property, allowing you to feel like you stepped back in time, without compromising on price, space or cleanliness.
With so many things to do in Bern from the historical buildings to the many fountains that dot the landscape, to the bear park, home to four of our ursine friends right in the city, you will never be at a loss for something to do.
Hotels in Bern Switzerland come in all sizes and are great for all budgets, so what are you waiting for? Switzerland and all of her charms are waiting to dazzle you on a vacation of a lifetime.